The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: REVIEW: Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Card Miracles, Vol. 2 (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
728 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
Michael Ammar’s Easy to Master Card Miracles, Vol. 2

Price: $30
Format: DVD
Publisher: L&L Publishing
Running time: 85 minutes
Difficulty: Beginner to Intermediate

Twisting the Aces (Dai Vernon) – This is my all-time favorite packet trick. The cards reversing and fixing themselves one by one makes the spectator's jaw hit the floor.

Daley's Last Trick (Dr. Jacob Daley) – Two cards in the magician's hands change places with two cards in the spectator's hands. This trick is another classic in magic. It has stood the test of time. I, personally, feel it is one of the strongest tricks in magic. There is just no explanation as to how the four cards exchanged places.

Card Warp (Roy Walton) – This great trick by Roy Walton is easy, and will devastate the spectators. It goes very nicely with Twisting the Aces, because both involve cards magically turning over.

Poker Routine (Dai Vernon) – This one lets the spectators in on what they think is a closely-guarded secret in magic. I, personally, don't care for gambling demonstrations, but Dai Vernon's Poker Routine is on of the very best out there.

Poker Face (Al Baker) – This is a great effect that is easy to do, but looks like mind...er...face-reading. The spectator is told to keep a poker face, but as you riffle through the deck, you can easily stop on his selcted card, just by reading his face. The spectators feel that, by changing their facial expression, they helped create the magic.

Overkill (Harris, Ackerman, Emberg) – This is quite possibly the greatest self-working effect EVER! It contains multiple climaxes, including you predicting the card multiple times, and the spectator cutting to their selected card.

Card Through Handkerchief – This oldie is an absolutely wonderful effect, and employs use of two of the most well-known materials in magic; cards and a handkerchief. It is a wonderful effect for laypeople, the ultimate solid through solid.

Card Penetration Change (Cy Endfield) – This is a wonderful effect that follows Card Through Handkerchief perfectly. Not only a great solid-through-solid effect, but a great transposition!

That's It (Eddie Fechter) – This is my favorite type of effect. The magician looks as if he is in trouble and has made a drastic mistake, but then recovers, highly increasing the climax and end effect.

Ambitious Card – This classic is an impossible concept in the spectators' minds. The card is clearly placed into the center of the deck, but no matter what happens, the card ALWAYS rises to the top of the deck. A wonderful effect that has an infinite amount of variations. Another great thing about this trick is it's ability to be performed on the table or in the hands.

Overall: 10/10

This is an absolutely astonishing video. There's not a bad trick in this volume of the wonderful Easy to Master Card Miracles series. If you're only going to buy one video from this set, make sure it is Vol. 2!
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
I totally agree that this is the best of the six tapes [DVDs]. My favourite is Overkill. That slays lay people.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
I've been doing the Al Baker trick a lot lately. It KILLS. So much impact for so little work. My kind of trick. Smile
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
placebo
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of placebo
Does the Ambitious Card effect include an explanation of the pop-up move?

Thanks.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Yup sure does...this is a great tape...GET IT NOW!! lol Smile
~joeKing
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
I have all six WHS tapes, but got the DVD's because they were so good. I watched the first 2 and the others are unwatched. If anyone is interested in them, PM me.

Jeff
Bong780
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
172 Posts

Profile of Bong780
There's also the bonus effect you forgot to mention -- McDonald 4 aces! One of the best aces accembly, its truely magical.
thk5353
View Profile
Regular user
Northern New Jersey
183 Posts

Profile of thk5353
Are there any other reviews on the rest of the dvds?
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Try the search button...I know RoatC did atleast one more from the series
~joeKing
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I think this was the strongest volume in the series.

I think Card Miracles would be a more appropriate title as many are not easy to master.
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of asherfox
Vol4 is also considered the strongest.

Comparing DVD come out today, they are easy to master.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
If there is only one Card Magic DVD you can purchase in your life, Michael Ammary Easy to Master Card Magic Vol 2 is my choice.

This DVD led me into the wonderful world of sleight of hand professional card magic 12 years ago. I still perform routines inside on daily basis.

Twisting the Aces, Dr Daley Last Trick, the Ambitous Card with pop up climax, and the Ace Assembly. A solid commercial performance for 5 to 8 minutes, what's more you can ask for?
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
I think all of his ETM series were wonderful whether it be thread, coins or cards. Not my favourite performer by any means but one of the best teachers.
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Fairhaven, MA
325 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
Interesting to see this nearly 10-year old thread pop back up. I own the entire ETM set of DVDs (also owned the VHS set) and refer to them from time-to-time. While some, particularly on the later volumes, may not be so "easy to master" most all are within the reach of most card magicians. I've met Michael on a number of occasions (lectures, conventions, etc) and like was mentioned in a earlier post, he's probably one of the best teachers out there. My recommendation is to view the DVDs and find those that you can work into your show. There's definitely something for everyone.
jaschris
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of jaschris
Brilliant series no doubt. Though personally I rank Volume 1. as the best with Volume 2 in second place. Vol. 1 has Red Hot Mama and the Cannibal Kings effect which are two very popular tricks with lay people. Volume 1. also has Dai Vernon's Triumph routine, which is a classic in card magic.