The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Magic Newswire by Dodd Vickers :: Broken Wand :: CONOVER (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
A real loss to the world, magic or otherwise. I received a phone call late last night with the sad news. Smile

Tim was the best close-up magician I've ever seen. His moves were flawless. He did all the classics and did them proud. In addition, his mentalism stuff was just as amazing.

Quite in person, when Tim was performing he reminded me of a Pentecostal preacher - very animated and full of energy...lots of energy. Smile

The last time I saw Tim was in Boston. I ushered him over to perform some stuff for uncle Paul. Chosse was stunned. Smile

I shall miss Tim very much.
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Very sad news.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
A terrible loss and such a sad state of affairs.
Jonathan Brown
View Profile
Loyal user
Tappahannock, VA
288 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Brown
Quote:
On 2011-02-03 18:44, Steve Brooks wrote:
A real loss to the world, magic or otherwise. I received a phone call late last night with the sad news. Smile

Tim was the best close-up magician I've ever seen. His moves were flawless. He did all the classics and did them proud. In addition, his mentalism stuff was just as amazing.

Quite in person, when Tim was performing he reminded me of a Pentecostal preacher - very animated and full of energy...lots of energy. Smile

The last time I saw Tim was in Boston. I ushered him over to perform some stuff for uncle Paul. Chosse was stunned. Smile

I shall miss Tim very much.

Energy is an understatement- there was never a stagnant or dead moment in his show- I can still hear him shouting and jumping up and down, "TREMENDOUS DECISION...TREMENDOUS!!! Kind and charismatic, he touched everyone who saw him. My girlfriend treasures the spoon he bent for her- keeping it on her make up vanity! He was one of the few who took routines that no one did and made them gems and fooled everyone badly. His mem deck work and his bending coin routines, the way he did Slydini and the list goes on and on...Tim was a giant, troubled as most artists are, but an incredible talent none the less.
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
A very close friend of mine was mentored and a close friend to Tim's. At the last Magic Live in Vegas, my friend asked Tim if he would be gracious enough to perform a little private close-up show for us. Tim didn't hesitate - he set up his show in an empty banquet room and performed at one of the tables right there. There were about 10 to 15 of us watching. I sat right next to Tim as he performed some of the most powerful, classic, close-up magic I had ever seen. The Goshman shakers, cylinder and coins, a bent coin routine that still is burned in my memory. Unbelievable technique that just didn't stop. But what got you was his personality - just so approachable, so nice a guy. And very giving. I am heartbroke over this and I only met the man once, but I'm so blessed that I did.

Doug Brewer
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1108 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
R.I.P Tim Conover
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2735 Posts

Profile of RS1963
This was and is very sad news. SIGH:(
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
May God bless his family.
pslaughter
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of pslaughter
Tim's family has asked me to share the following details with the magic community. All are welcome to attend. Feel free to private message me with any questions.

The Memorial Service celebrating Tim's life will be held on Friday, February 18th at 6:00.

The location is as follows.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
2397 Newstead Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
The following message was posted in the comments thread of my report on Tim's passing (http://bit.ly/dHijZ2), But I thought that I'd share it here for those that do not read comments to insure that more see it. The Memorial Service celebrating Tim's life will be held on Friday, February 18th at 6:00 pm.

In addition, you can read a touching memorial to Tim from a friend here: http://bit.ly/fv1r2f

Timothy Gene Conover was born at 1:25 AM on April 1, 1959. He has been our pride and joy from that day forward. The nurses in the hospital where he was born insisted that he would be famous one day. It has taken days for me to write my feelings, and only now do I realize there are no words to express the pain of losing our Tim. God Bless my dear child.
Mom
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan