The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All in the cards :: Need help in finding effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
Cannot remember where I saw this and is driving me crazy. Would think it is Tarbell.

Effect: if I can recall this correct only a small packet of cards are used. 5 or 7?? The cards are cut in have the short way. So magi has half the cards and you hand other halves to the spectator. Both mix the cards. When finished magi turns over top card. Let's says it's the half of the 5H the spectator turns over their top card it is the other half of the 5H.

Or maybe it is the magi puts his cards out in a row on the table. Spectator puts down a card in front of each one. All the cards match half for half making each half card a full card.
Hope I have explained it enough here.
Thanks for your help.

Eddy
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3353 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Will the cards match.
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
Do you know where I can find the effect in book or DVD? I had a feeling that was the name I just can't locate it
Thsnks
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.magicianslair.com
B. T. Lewis
View Profile
New user
London
59 Posts

Profile of B. T. Lewis
'Art of Astonishment' by Paul Harris, although I suspect it's been published elsewhere as well.
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
Thank you so much. I will check there. I could if sworn I had it on some obscure Steve dacri video. But couldn't locate it. Thanks so much.
Eddy
Eddy

www.magicianslair.com
B. T. Lewis
View Profile
New user
London
59 Posts

Profile of B. T. Lewis
S'all good!
tltq
View Profile
Regular user
east coast
161 Posts

Profile of tltq
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Something similar with a about two sets of about twelve half-cards (jumbo size) is by Aldo Colombini (it's sold as a packet rtick but also on his Essential Aldo Colombini Volume 1):

•JUMBO COINCIDENCE - Two packets of jumbo cards that have been cut in half are introduced. A half-card is selected and its mate is found to be at the same numerical position in the other half. In fact, they are the only two halves that match. For a finale, the rest of the cards are shown to have rearranged themselves so that all of the halves now match!

I used to perform it sometimes when I had a weekend restaurant gig a handful of years ago. It played well for me.
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Larry Becker
View Profile
V.I.P.
241 Posts

Profile of Larry Becker
My versions appeared in Apocalypse and Stunners Plus - Regards, Larry
Visit our website: www.MentalismUnlimited.com
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
Thank you again folks. MUCH appreciated. I looking the Harris AOA and there us no trick titled "will the cards match" unfortunately I do not have yhe Aldo book. But Larry, I do have your book so I will check in there.

For some reason, it sticks in my mind that I saw steve dacri do this on a old video I had. But I can imagine it is as old as the hills. But I just cannot seem to locate it as I remember it (sigh)

Thanks again folks. You people are the bestest!!
Will post again if I have trouble

Eddy
Eddy

www.magicianslair.com