The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Rubber band find the card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of learachel
Help! I try to find a version of a rubber band after surrounding the deck of this one, will find the chosen card!and wrap only the chosen card ! a book reference or dvd?

thank you for your help

simon

belgium
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Aldo Colombini's "Band-O-Ramma". It is on the Mamma Mia Magic DVD. It is sold as a set with Magic Italian Style. These DVDs are fantastic and worth the small cost.

http://www.mymagic.com/colombini.htm Scroll all the way down the page. They are listed second to last. Smile
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
The godfather (Vinny Marini) does that one.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
T.House
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of T.House
Ed Ellis has a fantastic version involving a spectator's ring and a rubber band, which surround the deck, vanish, and then appear around the chosen card.

Bruce
Longhorn
View Profile
New user
Texas
54 Posts

Profile of Longhorn
Jay Sankey also has one, but with all his dvds I can't remember which one it is on. Maybe Sanketized.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
929 Posts

Profile of Martino
Denis Behr has a video of an excellent version of this trick on his website. The trick is called Herbert. It will be published in Denis' next book.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Although the rubber band does not surround the card, the classic trick I learned as a kid with the rubber band around the whole deck and then chosen card is "thrown out" while the rubber band remains around the deck can play well depending on the presentation.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Troels
View Profile
Loyal user
Denmark
205 Posts

Profile of Troels
Dan & Dave sells a video tutorial teaching the effect Jimmy just described.
It is called Pixel and looks terrific.
Troels
Chris Westfall
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
252 Posts

Profile of Chris Westfall
There is a good version of this in the zarrow book.....its explained to wrap around 4 of a kind but could easily be done to find a card selection.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6146 Posts

Profile of motown
Aldo also had a great little book called "The Band". I don't believe it's in print anymore.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Chris Westfall
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
252 Posts

Profile of Chris Westfall
Paul Harris also has some work on this