The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Slim-Line Close Up Case (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
Did anyone purchase this case from Hocus-Pocus? I read the huge post about the Lowe's case,and I was wondering if anyone thinks the Slim Line is better.

thanks
Who is John Galt?
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
In the year since this member has asked his question... no responses.

I am curious as well. I am tired of regular briefcases and all the other sorts of storage devices. I am wondering, when shut, will all my contents move around while walking around? Does it do a pretty good job of keeping things organized? I am a "neat-freak," I saw the pictures and thought this would be good for me.

How sturdy is it? I had someone break open my case briefcase that I currently use at a paid gig last weekend.

Another reason for me to get a slim line. Smile
Brian
chrispa1
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of chrispa1
I have bought the Slim line and they actualy now have a streched Slim Line. I would buy it again if I needed one. Works great for everything I need.

Lots of space, looks great and packs well. WELL worth the $50.00 at most.

To answer the sturdy question. SO far it has been great for me, no problems at all. Looks heavy, It's lightweight, SO far, So good.

I did have a problem keeping my things from falling all over the place also.

When you get the Slim Line, it will come with a piece of foam inside, don't throw this away like I did. This is used for shipping, but it is ALSO used to lay ontop of your items inside.

This will keep things where they need to stay.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I'm thinking about ordering this one.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
leefoley3
View Profile
Elite user
Texas
402 Posts

Profile of leefoley3
I use a black leather Doctor's bag. Got it from Brad Burt's. It is very sturdy and well made (metal reinforced corners, two internal zippered pockets that run the length of the bag and it locks!!). It does not have compartments as I'm sure you've guessed but it serves me very well. Granted it sucks as a performance surface!! Smile

Check Brad's site @ http://www.magicshop.com and have a look. They are expensive but worth every penny in my opinion. I have had mine for several years and have never had any regrets. I'll admit it took a little magic to get the wife to agree to the purchase but I cast a spell she could not resist and she fell for it!!

Just an idea. Good luck, there's a lot to choose from. BTW, if you have any questions I believe Brad will be happy to answer them for you.

I do not work for Brad nor do I receive any benefits whatsoever from recommending his services/business.

Lee
In December of '06 I was diagnosed with a very rare cancer, Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. One in a million people worldwide are diagnosed with this type of cancer annually. Sarcomas account for 1% of all cancers. Knowledge is power!
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
The "slim-line" from Malloy magic and hocus-pocus, is very very nice, however its also very very small.

You can probably stack two decks high at any point, but honestly it is a little cramped and I personally don't do any effects larger than a deck of cards or Jiggernaut.

Cups and balls, a card to box, ect couldn't fit in it.

It looks about 30% bigger in the photo's then what you get... the dimensions are pretty tiny.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing, if your show packs small then it is great, and because of the size it is very portable.

It has 4 rubber feet on one side to help it grip the table and not scratch, it locks, the compartments are somewhat adjustable and its easy to keep everything organized.

I'd say get it, but you might end up having to carry around a larger tote for other items, and just use this to work out of or carry when you are needing portability.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Leefoley3,
You can get that same bag for only $100.
Check the following site.

http://www.docstreasures.builderspot.com......8988.htm
Daniel Faith
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Doug Malloy also makes a close-up case which allows all props to be stored in an upright position. It unfolds like a fishing tackle box and has moveable dividers. Larger items, such as a boxed bill tube by Viking, can be stored below.

This is a locking case with a sturdy thick plastic handle. I've not had any problems so far with its durability.This also has a larger storage capacity than the slim line version.
King Of Pop
View Profile
Veteran user
Estonia
392 Posts

Profile of King Of Pop
Check this one out: http://www.gigrig.com Smile

God Bless You, I Love You
God Bless You, I Love You From The Bottom Of My Heart