The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Palming videos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
A while ago I learned a standard top palm but I never used it much. Now as I get more advanced I use palming a lot more and my two simple palms aren't sufficient. Are there any really good videos on top and bottom palming?

- thanks
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
I really enjoyed Mike Close's "Power of Palming" video. He teaches 2 top palms, a bottom palm, a variation of the Diagonal Palm Shift, and a post-peek palm. The quality of instruction is quite good, and the routine "The Card, The Forehead, and The Saltshaker" is a stunner.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
magicfan456
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of magicfan456
Hi,
Michael Close's video is great. Daryl's Encyclopedia of Card Sleights volume 6 teaches the following methods:
The Magician's Palm (Full Palm); The Gambler's Flat Palm; The Rear Palm; The Tenkai Palm; The Longitudinal Palm Palming Single Cards; The Leipzig Bottom Palm; The Hugard Top Palm; The Right Hand Top Palm (Paul LePaul); The One Hand Top Palm Palming Multiple Cards; The Erdnase Bottom Palm; The Riffle Shuffle Palm; The Pivot Palm; The Riffle Shuffle Palm II (Dr. Jacob Daley); The Larry Jennings' Multiple Top Palm; The Diagonal Left Hand Palm (Paul LePaul); The Side Steal Miscellaneous Palming Techniques; A Useful Aquitment (Paul LePaul); Methods to Help Conceal Palmed Cards; The Bottom Card Steal (Paul LePaul); From the Verstaile Card Control; Replacing Palmed Cards (from the Gambler's Cop) Trick Break; The Out of Body Experience (Daryl); Replacing Palmed Cards (to the Top of the Deck) (4 methods) Producing Palmed Cards; From the Packet (plus variations)

Hope this helps Smile
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Everyone already beat me too it. Yup, Mike Close's video is the way to go.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Lake Worth FL
1027 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
If you ever get a chance to watch 'Evening at the Tom Foolery' try to catch Tom Mullica palm cards. You'll have to watch the tape several times to catch him. I have not seen anyone do it better. No, this is not a teaching tape but you will get an understanding how expert technique and conformity of actions blend into a magical performance where you will not perceive any technique.
Shalom, Ed
Attilio
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto Canada
136 Posts

Profile of Attilio
Hi,
On the Mike Close video, I especially like the part where he talks about framing the palm and the theory behind it....great stuff. Also Alan Ackerman's palming video is quite good.
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
I also recommend the Allan Ackerman Palming video as well as the Michael Close Power of Palming video.

They both are GREAT!

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak