The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Friend of a Friend :: Cell phone tracking (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Graham Ahn
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Graham Ahn
Recent overheard whispers include the notion your cell phone has more than one battery.
Why is this interesting?

In the first place, (look both ways, lean in closer) if you don't want to be tracked by the government, a corporation, or private investigator, you're supposed to take the battery out of your cell phone so it won't 'reach out' to nearby cell towers and allow a pursuer to triangulate your location(s) at certain intervals. Also, we know from news articles in 2000-2004 that the FBI/GCHQ/etc. can turn on the microphone in cell phones and listen to ambient noise and relatively close conversations. Removing the main battery once defeated such eavesdropping.

Or so it was thought.

Now, it has been said a secondary power source, maybe not a battery but some power storage device is hidden in all cell phones since 9/11 and intermittently powers the chips and circuits that connect GPS or cell devices.

This is said to be a safety feature and even used by law enforcement to locate missing kids. *Naturally*

This hidden, secondary power source is bad news if you're an inventor, work for a powerful financial institution, are an R&D tech, or are hiding from an abusive spouse. The spy in your pocket can't be reliably disabled as once thought. Privacy is dead.

Now, I haven't seen any schematics or X-rays of cell phones that show where this extra component is. I'm just saying that's what I've heard.

Graham
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
477 Posts

Profile of epoptika
I don't know about a hidden, second battery but the tracking capability is certainly not a myth. Our government is pushing phone companies to allow them access to their phone tracking without warrants.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/26/busine......Z3%24qLN
David Russell
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of David Russell
I don't believe there's a secondary power source. There are too many people who know enough about electronics, and too many phones in the hands of the public, to hide something like this. By now many people would have disassembled phones and found this supposed second power source. There'd be tons of blogs telling how to find it. There'd by YouTube videos showing it. You can't put something in the hands of millions of people and hide the fact that it has a hidden battery.
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
I would assume that any cellphone would have to have a secondary battery, much like a CMOS battery. It the only reason you don't lose all of your data when you remove your main battery. However, in an Iphone breakdown a large secondary battery can be found. I can't say anymore as big brother is watching.
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Cell phones are tracked but only when powered ON!

Ever cross the USA boarder in Arizona, south of Tucson AZ? I do all the time due to my Gem and Mineral biz.
At the Boarder crossing where you walk in and out of Mexico and the USA there is a sign "TURN OFF CELL PHONES!" at this boarder crossing.
On the other side of the room search area there is a huge Cell phone tracking TV monitor screen where you can see all the phones that are turned on in Mexico and the USA.
don't believe me take a trip to any walk across boarder in the USA within a .5 mile radius.
cell phone tracking has been going on for over a decade, it's nothing new.
you all have a lot to learn. there more going on than just tracking your movements.
your data is available for all to read with the correct tech.
My pops works for the #1 phone co in the world. he tells me all the cool **** happening.
just wait for the big reboot scheduled to happen in 2014...
ronnyman
View Profile
New user
Indiana
56 Posts

Profile of ronnyman
A reboot in 2014? I don't want to wait that long. Do we get to reboot our lives?

I wouldn't trust a phone just to be off, I'd want the battery out too. Does it matter who your carrier is considering Verizon uploads your data periodically and others use SIM cards?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18065 Posts

Profile of Slim King
For a zillion years the "guvmant" has had the ability to listen to your home through any land line ... They just turn on the mic even if it's hung up. I'm sure the very second cell phones became popular they worked to gain the same advantage. It seems that now there is little need since kids constantly tweet their exact location like it's a cool game to play .. Just hope the Apartment Thieves don't know your number... Seems no one values privacy anymore ..So guarding yours might be a lot harder since the next generation doesn't seem to see the advantage of a "Private Life"... Now here it comes Smile .. WHAT ARE YOU HIDING????

BTW ... No Phone Tap paperwork is needed to tap a cell phone ... it's in the AIR and the government owns the air ..true story!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
ronnyman
View Profile
New user
Indiana
56 Posts

Profile of ronnyman
As someone with a lot of legal knowledge I'm pretty sure someone needs a warrant to tap into my home line. You might not need a warrant to tap into a cell phone but I doubt any of it would be legal in a court of law as evidence. But considering where I live the law doesn't really seem to make much difference.

Apartment thieves? Hiding? If people want to find a way to make your life miserable they will. I'm not hiding anything-just trying to live peacefully in a world of idiots.
Miguel Abril
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Miguel Abril
Second battery, I don't know but traceable, yes. My iPhone was stolen and Police tracked it, found it and I have it back with me again (after 7 months...)
Philip Busk
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Philip Busk
No second battery. But, if you don't want to be traced, use disposable cell phones.
Philip Busk
joesquire
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of joesquire
Second battery, eh? If it exists, it's not for any secret government tracking/listening device.

The power requirement would be too large. How long does your battery last with the GPS on? How long does it last when you're on a call? How about both? Add to that, it needs to be constantly listening for the government signal to "wake up"

I can't see a battery that powers all of this being inconspicuously squirelled away inside your mobile
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of shakuni
There are tools to approximately trace mobile in India which anyone can use.
kevin921
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of kevin921
Who needs phone location track and how to track phone location with this OX Mobile Spy?

Company who distribute cell phones always want to learn whether their employees are in rational use of vehicle and they go to the place where they should go, Cell Phone GPS Tracker gives you detailed information you want to learn with GPS location.

Location-specific information can be tracked especially for person who get lost when travelling unfamiliar places, or elder parents who are in amnesia may forget where home is, children get lost and so on. Then this OX Mobile Spy mobile phone location track function urgently needed.

OX mobile spy is both a mobile phone information backup software and a spy-tracking software, Which all depends on how to use it and how to review of it. By the using of it's backup function, you can easily backup contacts, messages, calls to your own email. By the using of it's spy-tracking software, you can use ox mobile spy's GPS location trace to find lost persons, use software installed in cellphone, messages, contacts and calls information to monitor your kid's suspicious behaviour.

Download: http://download.cnet.com/OX-Mobile-Spy/3......600.html
scottyocean
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of scottyocean
Recent NSA revelations have made me question everything. I may be crazy, but tin foil does keep the skull warm.
newwaysys
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of newwaysys
Http://mobilenumbertrackr.com/Mobile-Number-Tracer.aspx
Mobile Tracker free
Anytime anywhere just in few seconds trace any number...
RobinReality
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of RobinReality
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2015, newwaysys wrote:
Http://mobilenumbertrackr.com/Mobile-Number-Tracer.aspx
Mobile Tracker free
Anytime anywhere just in few seconds trace any number...

Yeah, enter your number into that form, and then wonder why you're receiving telemarketing calls all day, every day.
A. Evans
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
105 Posts

Profile of A. Evans
There could be but unlikely due to the number of people that fix and take apart their cell phones although the governmetn can triangulate location through a cellular network even when location and data are both off.
"It's better to have 3 amazing tricks than 10 good ones"