The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ever so sleightly :: Brett Sherwood Smooth Brass Chop Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
volto
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of volto
I recently got a set of three (yes, three) of Mr. Sherwood's smooth brass chop cups; I thought I'd post some thoughts.

First, lots of people have said it before, but I'll say it again... the Sherwood design is excellent. The bead position allows a very natural positioning of the fingers while allowing easy retention or placing. The dual bead also makes for a large attic space, enough for three balls to fit between two stacked cups. The beading is also deceptive in that it somehow makes the cup look smaller than it is - the load ball (tennis ball sized) doesn't look like it should fit in the cup. The weight is ideal - solid and heavy, but not so heavy that the cups are hard to handle.

The smooth brass finish is gorgeous - looks almost golden.

The chop mechanism is very well fitted and robust, and isn't visible on a casual inspection (unlike other chop cups I've had). The strength is exactly right; strong enough to be totally reliable but not too strong. Several moves are possible with these cups that aren't with any others I know of.

These are the best chop cups I've ever seen.
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Quote:
On 2010-12-14 09:33, volto wrote:
Several moves are possible with these cups that aren't with any others I know of.

Thank you for sharing.

Would you care to elaborate in Secret Sessions?
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2206 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
You have a top notch state of the art set of cups to work with, congratulations. The brass are very pretty
and do indeed look "golden".
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Hmmm, are you splitting them and selling them as seperate chop cups or keeping them as a set of 3? I could do with a smooth brass CC to match my set of regular cups...

Bri
volto
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of volto
Panlives - sure; thread started.

cupsandballsmagic - Hands off! I'm not selling them! They're mine, mine, my preciousss.
Ahem. Yup, I'm keeping them as a set of three. I'll use them (in rotation) as singles when I'm doing just a chop cup routine.