The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ever so sleightly :: RNT2 Classic Cups: Combo Set? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
I have four sets of these amazing Cups and was wondering if Donnie has any plans to produce a Combo set.

Donnie, Sir, care to comment?

Would anyone else welcome such a set?
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1084 Posts

Profile of BCS
They would make a cool combo set… The set I have are chromed and when non-magi see my Cups, they all comment that they like their shape. I am still drawn to the PF shape.

Bruce
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24316 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Those might be tricky to fix up; however, I have an idea for that, and I will relay the idea to Donnie.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Quote:
On 2010-12-13 23:22, Bill Palmer wrote:
Those might be tricky to fix up; however, I have an idea for that, and I will relay the idea to Donnie.

Thanks, Bill.

Will you keep us posted?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24316 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I'll leave that up to Donnie. It's not an original idea. It was something Ben Stone came up with about 30 years ago.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Hi Bill,

Of course – that is to be respected.

I am not a manufacturer, so this next comment comes from a place of complete ignorance: it seems to me that the Roger Nicot Bar Cup has a similar “innocent” appearance not unlike the RNT2 Classic Cups and that a solution is possible...?

I am probably way off base here...
Dale Houck
View Profile
Veteran user
Dakota J Magic at Saint Cloud, FL
343 Posts

Profile of Dale Houck
Quote:
On 2010-12-14 17:00, Bill Palmer wrote:
I'll leave that up to Donnie. It's not an original idea. It was something Ben Stone came up with about 30 years ago.

Ben had a lot of creative ideas: his unique approach to the die box, African-American TTs, the Delben Blotter, the two-hole wrist chopper, the Delben rope gimmick (mentioned by Tommy Wonder on a Visions of Wonder DVD) and some type of trick with a plastic box and a quarter that was later mass produced by Royal Magic.

Ben was also the tightest man with a dollar I have ever known. I loaned him my laptop for two weeks once when his computer was out of order. When I picked it up, I ended up buying a Maggie's Night Out from him that had been given to him by Fred Haenchen. As I was backing out of the drive way to leave, I saw him waving frantically for me to stop. I did, and what he wanted was to retrieve his half dollar he had left in the sliding box part of the trick. I'll never forget that! I wish I had given him a dollar for his half dollar so I could frame it as a memento.
Magic is where you find it.....
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
Hiya Panlives, sure it's possible. It's the same technique we are using on another project right now. The Classic Cups might require some adjusting though since its existing tooling wasn't made for this purpose, but it is still possible. I can tinker with it once the existing project is finalized - they are closely related.
Bill, I wonder if your thoughts, or Ben Stone's ideas, are the same as what we are already doing?

Great story Dale.
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Quote:
On 2010-12-15 17:01, Donnie Buckley wrote:
Hiya Panlives, sure it's possible. It's the same technique we are using on another project right now. The Classic Cups might require some adjusting though since its existing tooling wasn't made for this purpose, but it is still possible. I can tinker with it once the existing project is finalized - they are closely related.
Bill, I wonder if your thoughts, or Ben Stone's ideas, are the same as what we are already doing?

Great story Dale.

Hi Donnie,

Thank you.

Every time you refer to another project you are working on, I get goosebumps!

Can't wait to hear all about it!