The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Cocktail Sword Bill Penetration (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Hi. I have a vague memory of a cocktail sword through bill penetration but have no idea if it was in a book or a marketed effect. Any help would be most appreciated.
maratekin
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of maratekin
Michael Close had a toothpick-through-bill effect in Workers 2 ("Rubik's Dollar Bill") that could be adapted to a cocktail sword.

Tx -

Mark
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4221 Posts

Profile of warren
There is an effect called Cocktail Bill Penatration" by Ken Kuroki on page 53 of Kaufmans 5X5 Japan may be that's what your looking for although its a pen/pencil thru bill not a sword.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but there is a method by Johnny Hirose, where a pen or cocktail "sword" could be used. This uses a post-it note covering part of the bill (but is totally different from Sankey's Dough). This version can be found in Joshua Jay's Magic, the Complete Course
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Longhorn
View Profile
New user
Texas
54 Posts

Profile of Longhorn
Quote:
On 2010-12-12 09:52, maratekin wrote:
Michael Close had a toothpick-through-bill effect in Workers 2 ("Rubik's Dollar Bill") that could be adapted to a cocktail sword.

Tx -

Mark

This was my first thought as well. It is a nice illusion and the swords would work fine for it.