The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: Zodiac Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of slydini
Smile Smile Smile I was wondering if anyone out there can help me. I had purchased a set of Zodiac coins of E-Bay quite some time ago. The set consists of Tweleve gold quarter sized coins. On one side are the signs of hte zodiac. On the reverse side are essinatally small fortunes. I have yet been able to come up with an effect with them. Any ideas?:confused: Smile Smile Thank you in advance.
Slydini
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4716 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Jim Magus once published a booklet that featured a bunch of routines that could be used with zodiac coins (in the form of wooden nickels in this particular case). I'll have to look at it when I get home to find the exact title.

You certainly could use the "Q" counting force to have a spectator pick a certain sign...
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of slydini
[quote]On 2002-04-17 21:50, slydini wrote:
I was wondering if anyone out there can help me. I had purchased a set of Zodiac coins of E-Bay quite some time ago. The set consists of Tweleve gold quarter sized coins. On one side are the signs of hte zodiac. On the reverse side are essinatally small fortunes. I have yet been able to come up with an effect with them. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.
Slydini
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of slydini
Thank you very much for your ideas. I look forward to hearing what the name of the booklet is. Smile
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
I have a set of Zodiac "poker chips" (also off Ebay) that i keep in an old tiny wooden box at my house on the coffee table. Any of the "down-under" deals or "10-11" forces work as well with chips to help a spectator select a certain one.... "Astrocom" by Maven is also a great routine to use for these (was in a Linking Ring but I'm not sure the volume/issue #) It a computer dating routine that looks all fair and lends itself well to this set. Very entertaining.
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4716 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Found the full title of the booklet I mentioned previously:

EMP Presents...

Astro Disks I
The Dark Side of The Moon
by Jim Magus

Magick and Mentalism with Astro Disks.

It's got 13 different effects to be used with the 13 Astro Disks that are included (12 signs plus one extra).
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Megatherion
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Megatherion
Hi,

You could use the in the same way as you use runes.

Yours faithfully

Smile Dan Kirsch Smile
Alchemist
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Alchemist
Do you have any idea who made the coins or if they are still available?

David
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
With a name like Slydini, why don't you do thought of Zodiac coins thru the table?
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
I remember having a set of the Magus disks years ago and putting them promptly in an auction, none of the routines really appealed to me. The coins do sound better than the wooden discs, the small fortunes on the back means they are actually marked on the back though Smile A disadvantage in some ways but perhaps not in others.

Paul Hallas.
slydini
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of slydini
I'm not sure who made them or if they are still available. Sorry I could not be more help.
Slydini