The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: I need comments about my new website (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2010-11-16 15:01, magicofCurtis wrote:
all due respect, you have been on these forums for years asking about website.... It seems like you do not have the knack for them....
YOU SHOULD hire a professional to proof your site, design your site, content management and SEO...

Stick with clowning Smile

The Magic Café is the only place I will always come to and ask questions. I trust all the magicians here. I even trust you too, Curtis. Smile

Ok, guys, a few changes are now made. http://www.detroitclown.com
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
That red background is bad.
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2010-11-17 19:25, Aaron Smith Magic wrote:
If you want any further help, PM me and we'll talk. Good Luck!

Thanks for the conversation.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Maybe it's just me, but I really like the colors. I think they're great.

I didn't like the last two paragraphs though. If there is an advantage to lists like those I wonder if they could be put on another page?
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2010-11-18 22:31, seadog93 wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I really like the colors. I think they're great.

It's not just you. It's me too.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3039 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
The red is still too visually stunning to the eyes. I work from a 24" iMac, so when that page pops up it stings. I would suggest either a muted version of the red, or finding a way to incorporate it without having the entire background be one color.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Well you have began to get the idea, now do the same thing with this:

Dynamo is available for all the following: Children Birthday Parties, Schools Events, Company Picnics, Easter Parties, Anniversaries, First Communions, Christmas Assemblies, Block Club Parties, Halloween Events, Library Events, Easter Assemblies, Christmas Parties, Thanksgiving Parties, Community Events, Halloween Parties, Fairs, Festivals, Grand Openings, Private Parties, Restaurants, and Reunions

This is just a run-on sentence, you actually think anyone would read this enire list in paragraph format. Do the same as you did with the other box item, except you do not have to put everything in a box. By using boxes you are not making the page flow for the reader. If you can put words at an angle it would create interest as well.

Reduce your line spacing as well, see how we separate ideas on the Café, but the lines are not all separate, just the paragraphs.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Still way to much text!

You still haven't eliminated the keyword stuffing!

Still no separate bio page.

You have a list of the cities you've performed in? Who cares?

Re-read several of our posts and get that text down to a minimum! Also, get all the keyword stuffing off of your site. I'm sure you've noticed it's not doing you any good!

Best Wishes!
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I agree with wmhegbli (just as someone reading the page, I'm very bad at marketing); if those last two paragraphs were made into a nice looking bullet point list I think that would look good, either in boxes or not.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike