The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Table hoppers & party strollers :: How to Successfully Book a Restaurant (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7580 Posts

Profile of RNK
Thanks Julie!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
FlorianHeller
View Profile
Regular user
Bonn, Germany
200 Posts

Profile of FlorianHeller
I watched David Stone's DVD 10 years ago before getting started doing table hopping in restaurants. I'm not sure I would recommend it at the time, and now it has aged even more. He definitely is an... acquired taste.

I found that a few weeks ago, and would recommend it over David Stone's DVD set: https://www.sendwonder.com/products/the-......sion-pdf

Also, Maximum Entertainment 2.0 by Ken Weber has a few chapters on close up work Smile But the secrets to restaurant work will always remain, as was mentioned in this thread a few times, tactfulness, realizing that you come second to the food and acting accordingly, and choosing who and how to approach tables/groups.
Eeeeeeeet hop disparu !

www.florian-heller.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
If you want to make a living as a restaurant Magician, I strongly suggest getting and reading Al James' book from Magic, Inc.

Al is the REAL DEAL, and has BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, and is DOING IT NOW on Friday evenings and Sundays at O'Donovan's on Irving Park Rd. in Chicago.