The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: double trouble (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Eddy
View Profile
Special user
Manchester
582 Posts

Profile of Eddy
I'd say that the double lift is the most valuable sleight in my card repetoire, but that is just my opinion. It is omnipresent in virtually every trick I do, because the effect it gives off, when the card literally changes is awe inspiring to the laymen. Although I am rather limited in my presentation, I mean to say, that I find it hard to turn the two over very naturally, as if I was just turning over one card. My method, comes down to a thumb count and then a pinky break. I cannot see how it is possible to push the two cards off with the thumb and retain them together, Every time I try this they separate. What am I to do? Any refferences to web sites will be appreciated, as I am aware of the policy of divulging info on the message forum. Thanx.
La magie, c'est ma vie
Robert LAMAR
View Profile
New user
Lakeside, Nova Scotia (Canada)
75 Posts

Profile of Robert LAMAR
To push over the top card - actually two cards as one - with just your thumb, place your thumb on the side of the card(s) and push them to the right, with a very soft touch, just as you would normally push off a card off the top. The fleshy pad of your thumb should engage the top left corners of both cards helping to keep them in perfect alignment.

Like a lot of sleight of hand, it is more of a feel then anything else. The important point is not to apply too much pressure - a little goes a long way.
With YOU in mind...Robert LAMAR

The power of thought is the MAGIC of the MIND." - Byron

Web Site: www.RobertLAMAR.ca
Thomas Hudecsek
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Thomas Hudecsek
there is a fantastic solution by Ken Krenzel, one handed, it looks as if the thumb who lies across the cards, is pushing the card(s) over.

I really would like to describe it to you, because it is so lovely. But I am not allowed to do it at this place. if you are interested send a private message. I will describe it in detail to you.

and there are other double pushoffs, like the "Vernon double pushoff"

but the simplest thing for me is, just do a normal double turnover by grasping the cards in the break as usual and just fake the pushing of the thumb, while pulling the card(s) to the right. looks good and is absolutly surefire

Thomas Smile
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2002-04-16 07:50, Thomas Hudecsek wrote:
there is a fantastic solution by Ken Krenzel, one handed, it looks as if the thumb who lies across the cards, is pushing the card(s) over.

You may be referring to Krenzel's "Natural Double Lift", which is the foundation of an even more convincing move by Steve Draun called the "Heavenly Turnover". Both moves are highly recommended.

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Thomas Hudecsek
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Thomas Hudecsek
yes that's the move I meant! Smile
Thank you, I forgot the inventor.

All the Best

Thomas