The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Shuffled not Stirred :: stacked decks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Which stacked deck is easiest to set up from an unopened package? I know the Nikola and Si Stebbins, and they each have their place, but take a while to set up. What do you folks out there suggest from a new pack?
Thanks, Jack
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I use my slight variation of Si Stebbins and I can set a deck up in no time flat. I think it comes with practice.
When I do use a stacked deck I like my variation of the Si Stebbins system and haven't felt the need to use other systems though many are great out there. Look at my site if you want to see some of what I do with a simple variation of Si Stebbins.
Again ... I think that with practice you can put a new deck in a Si Stebbins very quickly ... I've casually set some up in front of spectators without them knowing about it.

Smile
ace_of_cards
View Profile
New user
Nebraska
10 Posts

Profile of ace_of_cards
Get Green Magic volume 1, and look into angle separation. I use a numerical order..works GREAT! Smile
Magic, Just Believe

-Ace
(Austin Buerer)
http://magicoffury.tk
ace_of_cards@hotmail.com
Stefan S.
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Stefan S.
Well from a brand new deck the easiest Stack is new pack order!!!

Cheers,

Stefan
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Landmark,
There is a way to take a deck in new deck order and make it in Si Stebbins order with a few shuffles... I'll look it up and let you know where you can find it!!! (At work can't check till I get home)
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Lake Worth FL
1026 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
Darwin Ortiz has an excellent method for getting into Si Stebbis order from new deck order. It's called Si Stebbins Secret from Ortiz' book 'At the Card Table'.
Ed
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
You can also get to Tamariz memorized stack from NDO (New Deck Order). I once had a post describing exactly how to do this in secret sessions, but it has been removed.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Yeah, the Si Stebbins Secret by Ortiz. Only a couple of faros and overhand shuffles. Quite ingenious. I first saw it Andrew Wimhurst's notes.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Jim Robinson
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of Jim Robinson
Marlo and Skinner had memorized stacks that could generated from new deck order. 3 or 4 faros this way or that.
Robinson.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.... He to who this emotion is a stranger ... is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." Albert Einstein
Garrett Nelson
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Garrett Nelson
Quote:
On 2003-07-14 03:55, Stefan S. wrote:
Well from a brand new deck the easiest Stack is new pack order!!!

Cheers,

Stefan

Beat me to it!
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2955 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I made one that you can shuffle into.
wassabi_87
View Profile
Loyal user
moscow, idaho
226 Posts

Profile of wassabi_87
Some of the similar tricks that don't require a complete deck stack would be the easiest. Use the chaste order, (clubs hearts spades diamonds) to stack your deck. The deck is all seperated, and all you have to do is put it together!
bike during the day,
do magic at night,
and very early the next morning,
homework.
Hank Shand-Handy
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Hank Shand-Handy
Use the chaste order! No chance.
I'm playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order.
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Alan Ackerman set up a stay stack with just one overhand shuffle. No faros, extremely natural.