The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: Paul Harris Presents Twilight Angel Full Deck (Red Mandolin) (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Yup, so Paul Harris is kinda alone on this but maybe he hopes other creators will follow him. I don't see a problem in switching to Mandolin but it has to be whole fully.

It's kinda a hassle if we have a gaffed Mandolin deck and a Bike DB, but Mandolin has also got its own DB cards.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
On 2010-10-31 04:29, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Exitmat: Just add an extra regular mandolin back under your double backer and you won't have a problem... Besides, if they have to compare one card with the other, then the magician hasn't clearly established at the beginning of the effect that on every card back there are two angels on opposite ends. You have to clearly point that out and then in the end, they won't need to compare. I've never had anyone want to see other cards from the deck.

I don't use a double backer.

I also think you didn't really read my post.

Establishing the design of the two angels on the back of the card has nothing to do with anything I said. Of course I establish that--it's not a difficult thing for spectators to follow. I'll restate the two reasons I listed as to why spectators sometimes want to compare the TA card to a regular card after the effect is over since you seemed to have missed at least one of them the first time:

1. Spectators sometimes want to compare the TA card to another to illustrate the effect to SOMEONE ELSE who DID NOT see the effect performed.

2. Spectators sometimes want to compare the TA card to a regular card to compare the effect with where it started to where it ended--same as spectators often tend to do when you do a coin or bill effect that alters the coin or bill and a spectator gets out their own coin or bill to compare it with the magically altered one--they just want to examine the differences because they can't wrap their heads around the effect and they're trying to make sense of it. This is a logical thing to do to try and understand something that doesn't make sense. And since they don't have a deck of cards with them, it's natural they would ask to see one of yours.

My spectators understand at the beginning of the effect that on every card back there are two angels on opposite ends. If they didn't--as you suggested they didn't--they wouldn't be reacting while the effect was being performed--and they do.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6145 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2010-10-31 13:55, Failed Magician wrote:
Yup, so Paul Harris is kinda alone on this but maybe he hopes other creators will follow him. I don't see a problem in switching to Mandolin but it has to be whole fully.

It's kinda a hassle if we have a gaffed Mandolin deck and a Bike DB, but Mandolin has also got its own DB cards.
Agreed. For now I'm going to keep doing this with the regular bikes. Still have a good supply.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2264 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Either way Exitmat, just have an extra mandolin back card in your deck ready to be handed out...
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I am excited... because, if the entire deck as the same back design, I can now use a regular Mandolin card as the gaff.

So instead of a love story about two people walking side by side... I can have them start out standing side by side, and then something went horribly wrong!!

Perhaps it is the "Anniversary Waltz"... for divorced people (said tongue in cheek as a divorced, and happily remarried man).

RevJohn
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6145 Posts

Profile of motown
As already mentioned, I think you could use these two decks together and people aren't going to notice.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2264 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Except that you're running the risk of getting caught for no good reason.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Has anyone got this? What are the two routines included in the trick? It sounds great.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
385 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Hi all. Twilight angels are printed on Mandolins because Uspcc no longer allows the backs of rider backs to be altered.

kind regards

Janet Harris
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
The Mandolins are far better quality than the Bike Rider Backs. Twilight Angels looks better ( easier to see ) on Mandolins.
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Could someone that bought these help me out? My deck didn't include the url for the directions at Paul's site. Could someone shoot me a private email?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Hi
If you send proof of purchase to sales@paulharrispresents.co.uk I'll send you the link.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk