The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Wizard Magic Review :: Wizard Product Review - V2F by G, Ransom by Magic Geek, The Billet Box and Springboard (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2435 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey guys

The new show is now live. Sorry about the quality of the video, YouTube is having a fit so we have uploaded a lower quality file until we can get the HD version online later today or tomorrow. We will be uploading to iTunes a day later as well. sorry guys.

Anyway here is the link, on this show show we look at the billet box, Ransom by Magic Geek, Springboard Jesse Feinburg and V2F by SM Productionz.

Please let me know what you think, and feedback would be great.

Link to show - Click Here!

Craig
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Yeah, I realized that it doesn't look as sharp as the previous ones. Anyway, still love it. Great review. And we should get G's real name LOL.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Wow,

I've never seen Craig so ****ed off he exposed a gimmick before.

Not that its much of a gimmick... I think I learned a no-glue version of this from a book when I was 10...
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3526 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I really look forward to these little shows. I wish they were longer. Thanks
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
"Look at me! I'm doing a classic palm!" LMAO

Thanks for lowering the boom on some of the crap out there. I think magic really benefits from this kind of house cleaning.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2435 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Glad your enjoying the shows guys.

Ransom annoyed me because the team at Magic Geek are capable of so much more. They have released some great stuff in the past.

This was not their finest hour but I'm sure they will bounce back

Craig
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2435 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2010-10-06 16:12, Cyberqat wrote:
Wow,

I've never seen Craig so ****ed off he exposed a gimmick before.

Not that its much of a gimmick... I think I learned a no-glue version of this from a book when I was 10...

Hell yeah I was p****d off!!!

Craig
theboywonder
View Profile
Loyal user
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
228 Posts

Profile of theboywonder
I think RANSOM is GREAT. I do it all the time. I HATE using a TT! But I do love the Wizard Product Reviews! Keep up the good work, guys!

P.S. I just put together my "Consignment" trick, and boy have I blown away a few people! Another awesome effect!
It would really be quite tragic
if the world had to do without magic!
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2435 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2010-10-07 21:05, theboywonder wrote:
I think RANSOM is GREAT. I do it all the time. I HATE using a TT! But I do love the Wizard Product Reviews! Keep up the good work, guys!

P.S. I just put together my "Consignment" trick, and boy have I blown away a few people! Another awesome effect!

Fair play, like we always say it's only the opinion of two guys! Doesn't mean we are right!

But I gotta know, what do you think of the coin trick bonus routine?

Craig

Btw Consignment does kick ass!!!
theboywonder
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of theboywonder
When are you guys going to review Consignment anyways?? ;-)

Thanks for allowing me to have my opinion on Ransom without trying to convince me otherwise. To tell you the truth, I only watched the DVD long enough to learn the bill switch; I haven't even bothered to watch the rest of the disc! Don't tell Chris at Magic Geek!

Any hints on next weeks reviews? I may go get IMAGINE tomorrow from one of the local magic shops here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I just received REWIND in the mail today. I ordered it partly thanks to your review a few episodes ago . . .
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
The show is great.

I hope its good advertising for the shop because its definitely a service to the community.

I kind of think of you two like the Siskel and Ebert of magic (back when they were good.)

P.S You are the only thing Im subscribed to on you-tube
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Texas36
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Texas36
If you like the billet box, you would LOVE the Mentalist Dream Box by Max Krause. Far superior in mechanics and a beautiful and functional object. The mentalist never needs to touch the box. I hope the Wizard guys will review that box because I think they would find it much better than the so-called Ultimate box.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2010-10-07 22:30, theboywonder wrote:
When are you guys going to review Consignment anyways?? ;-)

They already did back in May sometime.
http://www.youtube.com/worldmagicshop#p/search/3/YYT_Z3iE-us

Quote:
On 2010-10-07 22:40, Cyberqat wrote:
The show is great.

I kind of think of you two like the Siskel and Ebert of magic (back when they were good.)

Well, they were both pretty good up until Gene Siskel fell very ill and then passed away. But yes, a good comparison as Craig and David play quite well off each other.
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter – "A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of JCheng
Keep up the excellent work!
theboywonder
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of theboywonder
By the way, you CAN end clean with RANSOM. I did it the other day. I changed an American $1 bill into a Canadian $5 bill. I handed out the Canadian bill, and then "produced an American $1 that I always keep in my wallet" after loading into my Card in Wallet wallet. My hands were clean and with NO TT!!!
Gypsyprince12
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Gypsyprince12
I LOVE YOUR SHOW TOO! I just started watching the other day . But Wow MaN! I'm hooked. Truth-filled reviews on every episode.The show Really makes me spending my money more confidently spent. The ice cream man is the coolest lad on the show lol.