The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Clean Thru - Clear Thru DVD by Lonnie Chevrie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King

Youtube Demo
Clean Thru Clear Thru

I just got received Clean Thru - Clear Thru DVD by Lonnie Chevrie . Clean Thru is a bill through bill penetration and Clear Thru is a finger through bill penetration ( like the pen thru bill, so this appealed to me right away after seeing the demo clip ).

I got the DVD just for the Clear Thru effect ( the bill through bill looks wonderful, but I'm just interested in the second effect ). I 'think' doing a pen thru effect first and then saying "some people think the pen is trick pen, but it's not. Here, I'll do the effect again, but without the pen and use my finger" would be a great combination.

Clear Thru is fiendish. It's a fantastic illusion of your finger penetrating the BORROWED bill. Amazingly, it's very simple to do. If you had no magic on you and were asked to 'do something" this would be one of the great impromptu effects you could do. Even if you had magic on you, this may be the way to go as the bill is their bill. This is an effect that you will learn and do!

You get a restaurant performance and a studio performance. Even a clip where Lonnie performs both effects live for an audience as he likes to combine them. The teaching is first rate and the DVD is beautifully filmed and produced by Kozmo Magic.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3669 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
The Bill through Bill Penetration looks like Ryu Susato's Tokyo Penetration from the '96, Spring " The Looking Glass" published by Richard
(in Tokyo Penetration BOTH bills are folded into quarters the long way). Nicodemus pointed the "Clean Thru/Clear Thru", out to me recently.

I don't know about the rights and such but you would do well to pay attention the the bill through bill effect. Tokyo Penetration is one of the strongest effects in my Close-Up repertoire. I have had no luck tracking down Tokyo Penetration for friends in the past so getting the actual Tokyo Penetration seems a dead end.

- Mary Mowder
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Got this and I like it. Most likely is a old trick reworked can't believe something so good hasn't been done before. This is good (REALLY GOOD) can carry around with you ready to go at any time.Quick and visual magic.Even if it has been done before the price was so good I'll just call it a finders fee.

Best
Leo Jr
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
If folks are wanting a bill through bill effect, then Clean Thru from the DVD is wonderful as can seen from the demo clip.

I carry a pen thru with me, so the finger thru the bill is what fits my needs.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5474 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
541 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just Ghost Bills and Infusion all on one DVD?
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
I saw Lonnie demonstrate these at MAGIC Live 2011. Wow, what great impromptu tricks - I bought a copy from him there.

As a side note, it makes me feel good to give money directly to the magician who created the trick.
Ch. Ahsan
View Profile
New user
Pakistan
19 Posts

Profile of Ch. Ahsan
I am not sure but I have seen this trick before few years back.
noxid8
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of noxid8
It's a cool effect, but I would be worried about people figuring it out to easily. I figured it out watching the demo and my 8 year old daughter that watched it with me said, Dad, I know how he did it and she demonstrated it for me Smile
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1439 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
My 9 year old nephew figured it out. I just PAID and learned it, and then as I was folding my bill and he was folding his he said he "learned it on youtube"! I had him show me the video and he was talking about Ghost bills which is close enough. I showed it anyway and thought he might have been a little confused as it is a little different but then shrugged his shoulders and wanted to talk about something else. He already knew this one in his mind, he could not do it but understood what made the illusion.
Could it be that your 8 year old was acting smart that she figured it out but really saw it exposed? like my nephew?