The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: I'm a real boy! :: Jeff Dunham's All New Show (Tour 2010-2011) Coming to Montreal! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2078 Posts

Profile of jlevey
I have just discovered that Jeff Dunham will be performing in Montreal at the Bell Center on Sunday, Dec. 12th. As a long time resident of Montreal (25 years here, but born and raised in New York City) I am thrilled that he will be here.

I will likely buy a ticket as I have long wanted to see him live and "in action". I have a great deal of respect for his style and creations, as well as a deep appreciation towards how he has helped to resuscitate the dignity of Ventriloquism to the masses. Unfortunately, he will be performing his show one time only , on Dec. 12th, 2010, and this is normally one of the busy days for my own corporate shows, so the chances of my actually being able to attend his show are very slim.

If suppose, I could always buy the ticket now and sell it off closer to the date via Craigslist, if I am booked --and I am expecting to be as I have been booked on this same date, pretty regularly, for the last many years. But re-sold tickets don't always get snapped up off of Craigslist , here in Montreal. ...I am almost hoping "not" to be booked on that day!

In any case, perhaps a few of my fellow Café Members live in driving distance to Montreal (ie. Boston, New York, Vermont, etc.)and will want to come up for a visit and Jeff's show.

It is being billed as his "All New Show", and it is advertised that he will be introducing a new character named "Diane"... there's even a photo of her in his publicity Touring ad (Long blond hair, lots of eye-related make-up, rosy cheeks, lipstick and earrings).

Should be lots of fun, and a great show experience, though the Bell Center is relatively HUGE and the intimacy between Jeff and his audience may be lost unless you are sitting in the expensive seats, right up close.

In any case, that's the scoop (from Montreal). I thought that some of our fellow vent members would find this of interest. Perhaps many of you already know about Jeff's new tour and new character --but it was news to me, so I just had to share. Smile

If yo do plan to make it up here for the show, consider sending me a PM so that we can try to arrange to meet up either before or after the show.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2078 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Here is a link to much of his upcoming all New show tour schedule. He is going to be covering a lot of ground, so hopefully he will be coming to your town (or a town near you) soon!

http://tickets.mycityrocks.com/ResultsEv......f+Dunham

Jonathan
Jonathan
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2078 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Tickets seem to range from $110 - $243 (on the floor):

http://tickets.mycityrocks.com/ResultsTi......f+Dunham

If you click onto Jeff's facebook page you will see his All New Tour is called "Identity Crisis".

http://www.facebook.com/JeffDunham?v=wall

The schedule on his site "may" be somewhat different than the schedule that I showed via another link posted above, so you might wish to check out Jeff's Official web site --not only is the tour schedule there but Jeff's site is very visual and lots of fun: http://www.facebook.com/JeffDunham?v=wall
Jonathan
Mr. Pitts
View Profile
Inner circle
David Pitts
1058 Posts

Profile of Mr. Pitts
Thanks for posting. It looks like he'll be coming to San Antonio in November.
David Pitts
The Astonishing Mr. Pitts
Comedy Magician and Ventriloquist
http://www.mrpitts.com
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2078 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Seems that I was wrong. Tickets on floor level are $65 , not $243.

I'm buying three right now (to go with my wife and son). Hopefuly I will not have a show at the same time.
Jonathan
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2078 Posts

Profile of jlevey
According to the Bell Centre's over the phone ticket service, seems they are already sold out of floor seat tickets.

Needless to say, I am disappointed.

Before I purchase these non-floor located seats that are more distant from the stage area, I woul dbe interested to know if there a fellow Café member that knows Jeff personally. If so, I woudl appreciate it if you would be willing to put me in touch with Jeff directly (ie. via email) so that I can see if I might be able to purchase my up-close/floor level tickets directly from him or his "handlers"?

Or, perhasp yo have another suggestion or stragegy to offer.

Please send your contact information and/or advice via PM.

Many thanks for your consideration.

Jonathan
Jonathan
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2078 Posts

Profile of jlevey
My apologies for al the typos in my previous post. I was in a rush out the door when I wrote it.

Jonathan
Jonathan
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2078 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Good news, for me and my family...

I spoke to a Manager in the Bell Centre's Customer Service Dept. (patiently, politely and persistently over the course of a week)and was able to secure three tickets right on the floor --but sitting in chairs ,
just 8 rows back from the stage.

I am, needless to say, a happy camper!

Jonathan
Jonathan