The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ballooning 101 :: Best Markers for Balloons (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
As the title of the post would suggest, what brand of marking pen have you found to be the best to add details to balloon sculptures?
Typically I use "Sharpie" brand pens, but have had the trouble of them rubbing or flaking off after the balloon deflates a bit.
Thanks in advance for the help.
peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I also use the Sharpie brand markers. If you're going to deflate to put inside a clear, then I'd recommend using the Sanford brand Dry-Erase markers. The Ink in those doesn't rub off as badly when deflated.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
japanjazzy
View Profile
Regular user
Crestview, Florida
139 Posts

Profile of japanjazzy
I remember about 3 to 4 months ago this subject came up. You may want to do a search and get the inputs from there. I also use the Sharpie. I know that if they deflate the ink gets wet again but I like the quality of the pen plus most of the times it only deflates long after the time I gave it away and I have never had anyone come back and complain. I get many repeat customers since I have been working at the same restaurant for over 4 years.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
I use the Jumbo Sharpie or the Chisel tipped Sharpie. You can get them both at Walmart. They make nice, big thick lines.

Ron Reid
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
The Expo II Dry erase markers work well and come in many colors... The painters fine white pen works great on dark colors too. Takes a bit more dry time. The Pexmapaque white has a wide and fine tip and works well too. These are available at craft and art stores.
:dancing:
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Qualatex has come out with a line of balloon markers in black and a number of sparkly colours.

I have found they work really well.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
BarryRice
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis, IN
88 Posts

Profile of BarryRice
Has anyone tried any kind of white marker? I was thinking that maybe one of those white out pens might work for this. Just curious. Smile
"The magic of the tongue is the most dangerous of all spells."
-Edward George Earle Lytton Bulwer-Lytton

http://www.amazingbarry.com
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
Barry,

As posted above I have had good luck with these.

The painters fine white pen works great on dark colors too. Takes a bit more dry time.

The Pexmapaque white has a wide and fine tip and works well too. These are available at craft and art stores.