The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Hep with a GIF image (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Hey guys, I've asked for help in another section, but no takers so far. Can someone here give a hand?:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=0#1
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
880 Posts

Profile of lin
Chance,

Is it important that it remain a gif file? Is it animated? I can do a fair bit with jpg's and tiff's, but don't know a thing about gif's.

Lin
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
All you have to do is "save" it or "save as" if you want your original pick with the none see through or transparent background.

It will look white on most photo display thumbnails, but when you put it in a program like a web page or MS Word, it will be transparent.

So again, in your photo editor, click the background to be transparent, and then you should see little squares and white pattern. Then "save as" something like chance trans.gif it will be ready to import into anyplace you want.

The "save" command will overwrite your original file, the "save as" will not overwrite your original file. Note where you saved it to or save it to your "My Pictures" folder if you have an older computer. If a newer computer save it to your "Window Live" folder.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Thanks for the tips guys, but it's still not working. I've pushed every conceivable combination of buttons. I'm beginning to wonder if my software isn't defective or something. It's really the simplest thing I've tried in a long time, but so far it's got me stumped. Figures.

Can I send it to one of you guys? If yes, please send me your email address via PM. Thanks in advance!
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Emergency over. Thankfully I'm not the only one glued to his monitor today!