The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Flashlight fun on a budget (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Mrlucky,
What section of the store were they in? I'm in the Chicago area. I looked at your site and see you're in Michigan. I hope the Dollar Trees are all "Uniform" in the products they carry.
Thanks
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I found a LED light that will work well for the flashlight body because it has the button on its side.
However, the LED light that I found that could work for the flashlight top seems too long to work okay. It will stick way way out the back of the top too far. I'm hoping to put one together this week.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1439 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
When I saw the description in his book, I built my own using LEDs, a 3V watch battery micro switches. I am always surpised how well it went over.

I cut out the bottom of the flash light and put an orange disk there so you could see it light up better. Think of how a brake light works even in full light.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I'm thinking of going to Radio Shack to see what they can rig. It may be easier than trying to fit existing LEDs.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Went to Radio Shack and it was a waste of time. However, I'm happy to report that I stayed up late last night and got it done and am happy with the results.

Thank you, spellbinder. I appreciate all your help and guidance.

Jim
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Never mind Mrlucky. I should have read your post more carefully. I was thinking of the finger lights. You said flashlights. I have those from the Dollar Tree. Back to hunt for the lights.
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1192 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Amazon has them.
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1192 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Spellbinder

Can you post a link to where we can find the lights please?
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Someone already asked, but can you do this in a bright area?
I've been wanting an alternate warm-up routine lately and this looks like it might work pretty well; but I've been wanting the new warm up for birthday parties, that are often in the middle of a park in the afternoon. Would this work in that situation?

If so-yay!
If not, where are you guys using this?
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3727 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I have one called Fantastic Flashlight (a knockoff that Hank Lee's used to sell) and I'd never try it outdoors. If anybody wants it, I have it for sale.

Steve