The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Dove loops (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Thanks, Michael. I was guessing at the DVD, as I hadn't seen them myself. I have several of the IMS videos, and I agree they aren't the best. Very highly priced for what you get in my opinion.

Bill, guess Christopher's question comes back to you as to where he gets the Dimmare video of his dove act.
Where the magic begins
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I don't think Dimmare ever released a video of his dove act, explanation-wise anyway. The DVD Bill and I were referring to is the one linked to, and in which I described, earlier.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Michael, the only link is the one I provided, and you said that was not a video of the dove act. This is what Bill said in an earlier post, which lead me to believe there is a DVD of Dimmare's act.

Quote:
I do know that it was known as "Gun Blue", but when I watched the DVD of of James Dimmare he called it "Gun Black" so I was using his terminology.
Where the magic begins
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Right, I think Bill's referring to the IMS video, where he discusses bluing the wire along with Channing's steals. I don't recall Dimmare releasing any other video, but maybe I'm confused. I've been wrong before! Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
You're probably not confused. This topic has gone back and forth between several subjects. I've never seen a dove DVD by Dimmare. Wish I had.
Where the magic begins
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have answered many requests about the video. It is a video from International Magicians Society. It is a great video. No it is not a video of his act, only Channing Pollock's wonderful methods of producing doves. The one video is sold for $37.50, and also has the Long Salt Pour by Kozak.

These 2 offerings on video are well worth the price asked. Dimmare does demonstrate the handling and you can see it is workable material. My only regret is that I did not have this information when I was developing my dove productions.
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
I never expected Dimmare to have a video out on dove magic, nor of actually explaining his act. I don't think that would ever happen. But anything that man has to share on doves is something I want to hear.