The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: How cool is this impossible puzzle?!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
I was searching YouTube for woodworking instructions and found this. I thought this was just about the best place to post this...

http://www.youtube.com/user/stevinmarin#p/u/31/fEATei2wewY

He also makes a mirror box; not to keen on the exposure element there, but I guess it's the way things are going these days with YouTube, etc. Smile

Bri
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2006 Posts

Profile of tbaer
I wonder what kind of wood it was, it looked like pine.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I thought it might be sugar pine.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
It's called a "tooth and nail" puzzle. It was on an episode of 'The Woodwright's Shop,' where basswood was used. I figure just about any soft wood would work, depending on how much boiling/drying time is needed. I still have a copy of instructions I saved off the Woodwright site.
Along with the mirror box, he makes a crude dancing cane. I think both of these were included with several other DIY tricks in a magazine a year or so ago. I can't remember which magazine, but I think plans for a drawer box where also included.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�