The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Dove from book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Hey guys, I've been looking for the effect where a book is displayed, then opened and the audience sees a picture of an egg. The next page is turned, and they see the picture of a dove. The next page shows the dove has vanished, and you then produce the dove. It's a self contained trick, and I'm wondering which magic dealer carries this product. All help appreciated.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
"Book of Life" or "The Book of Life" is what I believe it's usually called. Not sure of dealers. I'll try a search to see if I can find one for you.

Update:
Yeah, that's it, but I'm not finding any for sale. Viking/Collector's used to have them (see here), but they're out of stock. Here's a YouTube video of it being performed.
You might try posting a request in the Let's make a deal section to see if anyone has one they'd consider selling to you. Or if all else fails, I don't think it would be too difficult to build one yourself. PM me for details.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
There is a very similar effect called "Fire Book to Dove" which works and handles basically the same way. Here's a link to Stevens Emporium:

http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?ma......d=111966
Where the magic begins
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
I've seen the Fire book to dove and I'm looking for something much more light hearted. The pictures allow you to get some comedy going on before the dove appears. Perhaps the only way is to make your own book...
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I was just thinking that if the real book of life couldn't be found, this book could be used without the fire if you wanted.
Where the magic begins