The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads :: Run Silent Run Deep Review!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Mad_Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
France
300 Posts

Profile of Mad_Lewis
Yes I think you can call it like this... Exploration Smile lol I have five sheets of paper full of writings next to me...!
J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
Amzing.Boy. - Thanks for contacting me buddy, it was very nice of you to think of sharing with me.

Thank-you!

John
Dompa
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
249 Posts

Profile of Dompa
I am not already through the whole ebook as it is such a huge collection of good thoughts!!!

What I have to say about it so far?

I have not read the first book "Silent Running" but had no problems to follow the procedure as it is wonderful described by Steve Shufton in this sequel! He has worked out a wonderful script that makes it sooo easy to not only understand the basic method but also use it in an invisible and totally convincing way! Great work here!

The sequel "Run silent, run deep" refers ofthen to the Crossroads ebook as well as to the original Silent running ebook. As I said it is definetly not neccessary to get those as you will understand the method just by reading RSRD. Nevertheless I sometimes felt like I missed something. It's a pity that it refers so ofthen. As a buyer of RSRD you might feel the same, like there is something concealed if you do not own all the three books.

Be that as it may, there is sooo much stuff in RSRD that you have to read a long time to get through all the effects and ideas.

So far, besides the script of Steve Shufton, I most enjoyed the idea of Jason Mesina. Taking the basic concept of Silent running and using it for something completly else is great. That single idea shows how much potential the technique has! You can even develop it to far more than was already mentioned!!!!

Another great piece of work is Ran Pinks White room. This alone was or is still available for 15 US-Dollar?!? It is included in the RSRD ebook. So you really will get a lot for your money and it is worth the price asked for (I know this seems to be a standrad line in a review but here it really fits!)

All in all you get a huge ebook, filled with great ideas on the technique of SR which should make clear how to use it or even come up with your own ideas.

Great read so far! Thumbs up Ben and of course all the contributors to this great project!

Keep running silent Smile
Mad_Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
France
300 Posts

Profile of Mad_Lewis
Quote:
On 2010-08-12 05:56, J.Warrens wrote:
Amzing.Boy. - Thanks for contacting me buddy, it was very nice of you to think of sharing with me.

Thank-you!

John

my pleasure !
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1954 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Tab, thank you for your kind offer.
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
397 Posts

Profile of tomcards
REVIEW: Run Silent Run Deep

http://www.geniimagazine.com/forums/ubbt......st226981

Tom Frame
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
980 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Great review. Thank you.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
Quote:
On 2010-08-12 22:00, tomcards wrote:
REVIEW: Run Silent Run Deep

http://www.geniimagazine.com/forums/ubbt......st226981

Tom Frame

This reads as a very fair review and a realistic summary of who will like it and who won't.

I'm slightly puzzled as to how
6 x "I really like it"
14 x "I like it"
17 x "I don't like it"
= an overall rating of "HIGHLY" recommended, though.
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1954 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Maybe because there are 20 items that he likes, which is surely still excellent value for money? Just a thought.
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
Possibly. I suppose it was just my instant reaction based on having read Mr Frame's other reviews. Tom "liked" or "really liked" a little over half the items Run Silent Run Deep - but gave it a higher rating than he gave, say, Rick Maue's The Road, which he "liked" or "really liked" a full two thirds of.

There are other Tom Frame reviews on the Genii Forum that I could offer as examples, but I mention that one because I actually bought The Road and thought Tom's review of it was pretty spot on. I didn’t read the review until after I’d read the actual eBook and I found myself nodding along with Tom's assessment of the individual routines. I haven't read Run Silent Run Deep, so I can't comment on whether I agree with this current review or not.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hello Guys.

Just a note to advise that the printed version of Run Silent, Run Deep will be available from all fine dealers as of Friday the 27th of August. This is the first time I've ever printed a book offshore. This edition is printed by the same printer I used for "SESSION: The Magic of Joel Givens". Many will remember how good that book looked and felt in the hands. We've specified the same deluxe gloss paper, laminated gloss color cover, perfect bound. At over 200 pages, (full 8.5 X 11 inches in size) it's a lovely handful of paper.

Please ask your favorite dealer for this. We will not be shipping any copies from our offices in Australia due to the prohibitive weight of the book.

Thanks so much for your support and enthusiasm.

Cheers

Benny

Click here to view attached image.
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Great Stuff!

Kyle
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Guys, a quick heads-up...

SIGNED COPIES: RUN SILENT RUN DEEP

I have 24 copies of the printed version of RUN SILENT, RUN DEEP. I had them sent (at great expense) from the US printer. This book weighs a TON and my freight bill topped $300.00. Yikes.

These are available direct from me via special request as SIGNED copies. Apart from these 24 copies (and a few left in storage) the edition is now completely SOLD OUT. So, when the dealers run out, then the book will no longer be in print.

Grab a regular copy NOW, from your dealer, or...

ORDER YOUR LIMITED SIGNED COPY

If you would like a SIGNED COPY, please send US$49.95 plus $15.00 P/H (total US$64.95) to this PAYPAL ADDRESS:

sales@wowbound.com

BE SURE to include your FULL DELIVERY ADDRESS in the notes section and any preferred words for the inscription. Allow 14 days for AIRMAIL DELIVERY anywhere in the world.

I thank all my readers for their support. It has been overwhelming.

RSRD TRIP HOP VIDEO

My friend, Frank Flores (TripArtist) has taken it upon himself to put together a little promo video for RSRD. I think he's done a great job. Cool beats!

Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gqYwQpJ5-Y

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS