The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads :: Moment's Notice 4 by Cameron Francis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Hi all!

Now I've bought MN2, MN3 and MN4.
MN2 was brilliant. MN3 was even better. MN4 is the *best*!
Here is each trick reviewed.

Ace Thang - An absoloutely brilliant opener, its offbeat, its very magical... I absoloutely love it! I will certainly use this.

Sly Cheese - A lovely Sandwich transposition kind of effect, full of magic. SO fun to perform! I will certainly use this.

Back Splash - Again LOTS of magic in this one, brilliant usage of a card case. I will certainly use this.

Euphoria - Very magical, and a very nice trick. I will probably use this, but this may be a bit weaker than the rest, IMO.

Selected Assembly - A brilliant Ace Assembly with a lovely and eye popping ending. I will certainly use this.

Flush the Transpo - A brilliant transpo effect, with a lovely ending. I will probably use this.

To conclude.... Buy this now! Its absoloutely brilliant, and definitely worth the asking price. It can be bought here:

http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/full/Downloa......8368.htm

Here:

http://www.lybrary.com/moments-notice-p-79122.html

Or Here:

http://cameron-francis.com/Moment%27s-Notice-4.php

Thanks,

Kyle
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Hey Kyle,

There is ONE little problem in your post: you didn't buy the FIRST Moment's Notice Smile

Get to it bud!!!

Ahimsa,
Vlad

PS: Off topic, but, I thought I had read that when one reaches 1,000 posts, an official Magic Café toaster was to be given. I am still waiting Smile
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Hmmmm Good, Vlad!

We can have the cat food on toast points!
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Hahaha!!!

Fancy Feast has been held up in Dubai. Patience my friend Smile

Ahimsa,
Vlad

PS: I am sending Uncle Luigi and Bruno to meet Messers Brooks, Steele, Hallahan, et. al.

mmmmmmmmmmm I can almost TASTE those chicken Fancy Feast toast points in Waterford crystal even now!
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Ah, yes--with a fine Chateaux Grillet perhaps, which we could probably afford if we stopped spending so much da*n money on magic!
octave
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of octave
There is a summer sale @ Cameron's website at the moment. The ebooks are 50% off.

-octave
Einmaliger
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
200 Posts

Profile of Einmaliger
MN4 is good, but I still think MN2 is the best of the series. Your mileage may vary.
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Really? MN2 had the AWESOME Interchangeling, but for me its still between MN3 (Had Wilder and Sympathy) and MN4 (Had Ace Thang and Sly Cheese) Smile

Kyle
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Thanks, guys!

Wilder is one of my faves as well, Kyle. Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Yeah - Its SO fun to perform! Smile
So is Sly Cheese Smile

Kyle
crestfallenLyric
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of crestfallenLyric
I love MN2 the most as well, but MN3 has Indie which is officially my new go-to effect!

Still have to get MN4...I'll take advantage of the sale Mr. Francis is having!
"It is better for a man to honor his profession, than to be honored by it." - Robert-Houdin
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

MN5 will be out Oct. 14th. But I have put up a couple of demos. Go to my website and click on the Moment's Notice 5 image.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
I am a BIG fan of Elevation from MN1. Parts of it remind me of Jennings' Ambitious Classic - well, one sequence on particular.

These are ALL great e-books and like most of you, I eagerly await MN5

You know, there is STILL a resistance among some magicians to e-books. That's a shame as these folks are robbing themselves of simply great magic from Cameron Francis, Liam Montier, Peter Duffie, Raphael Czaja, Aldo Colombini and others.

Cameron, I know that hard copy publishing is prohibitive, but, have you given some thought to a possible hard back book for the hard heads? Smile

I hear magicians whining a LOT about not having enough hard hitting FASDIU material, yet, all of the magicians I listed above have TONS of FASDIU material available!!!

I will say it again: if you HATE e-books, PRINT them!!

Namaste,
Vlad
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Vlad, I have toyed with the idea of putting out some of MN stuff in booklet form. We'll see. Smile

Glad you enjoy the material, though! The reason I started doing the MN series is because I kept hearing people complain about the lack of FASIDU material out there. Not that there's a shortage by any means! But you have to search around for it.

One of the best FASIDU books I've read is FASIDU lecture notes by Paul Cummins! Awesome stuff in there.
crestfallenLyric
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of crestfallenLyric
Soooooo you have a routine named Zombieland in MN5 which means I'm obligated to buy it since I've been playing tons of Left 4 Dead recently. Plus the movie was friggen awesome.
"It is better for a man to honor his profession, than to be honored by it." - Robert-Houdin
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-09-24 21:24, crestfallenLyric wrote:
Soooooo you have a routine named Zombieland in MN5 which means I'm obligated to buy it since I've been playing tons of Left 4 Dead recently. Plus the movie was friggen awesome.

Lyric,

Your post gave me a MUCH needed chuckle, thanks!! Smile I do love how we magicians come up with fun "excuses" to buy books.

Cameron,

I couldn't agree with you more on Paul Cummins' FASDIU work. I REALLY hope you do seriously consider doing hard copy at some point to get the e-book haters exposed to your magic.

By the way, "Unfathomable" is such a GREAT effect for handing out business cards. It has started to snag some nice gigs for me, and I don't have to carry a hole punch for Michael Close's (excellent) Pothole Trick Smile

You have this "Annemanesque" knack for economy of method to achieve devastatingly strong magic. Kudos to you. And of course, your work in your latest, Full, is very much as I have stated previously, something that Stewart James would have LOVED. In fact, I think Stewart and his three friends were watching over you as you wrote Full.

One last thing: I appreciate the fact that you have given more of an advance notice (sorry, had to say it) in Moment's Notice 5! It always seems that I have to wait that extra day. At least THIS way, you have caught me by surprise Smile

Vlad
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Ha! Thanks, Vlad! Very kind of you.

I'm very excited about MN5!