The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: Got Magic Castle Guest Passes Anyone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mralincoln
View Profile
Loyal user
If I wasn't so busy, I'd have more than
217 Posts

Profile of mralincoln
I'm a member of the IBM Ring 325 (Branson, MO chapter), and my wife and I are planning on leaving for the LA area (driving). We're leaving tomorrow--hope to be there by Friday/Saturday/Sunday (July 23/24/25). Would anyone be willing and able to provide guest passes to the Magic Castle for one of these days? Would love to get the opportunity while we're there!!!
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
According to Genii Magazine, any member of the IBM, SAM or the Magic Circle can enter the Castle as a guest by presenting their association membership card. You might want to call ahead (323-851-3313) to verify that.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
DaddyDoodle
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Hemisphere
277 Posts

Profile of DaddyDoodle
Skip's right. If you're a current IBM member, simply let them know that when you call and be sure you've got your card with you when you arrive, as they WILL check it to see that 1) you have one; and 2) it's current.
Smile Tally-ho! And Tuscarora too! Smile
DaddyDoodle
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Hemisphere
277 Posts

Profile of DaddyDoodle
How'd it turn out, mralincoln? Were you able to go and get in?
Smile Tally-ho! And Tuscarora too! Smile
mralincoln
View Profile
Loyal user
If I wasn't so busy, I'd have more than
217 Posts

Profile of mralincoln
Sorry for the delay in coming back to post on this. Yes, I was able to get in to the castle--someone via a connection through the Café came through on this! My wife and I had a great time! We want to go back, again, sometime!
GlennGary
View Profile
New user
Venice, Fl
18 Posts

Profile of GlennGary
It is probably too late now but my son just called from LA and wanted me to try to get passes for tonight, Sept 12. If any one can get him in I would appreciate it. I used to be a member but didn't renew it when I moved back East.
Make It A Magical Day

Glenn Gary

www.glenngary.com

703-963-0790
kbc1108
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of kbc1108
I am a new IBM member, and I am planning to go there this summer. Can I bring two of my friends with me? Do I need to worry about the dress code? I have read the magic castle website and see the dress code, does that mean I can't just wear casual clothes and get in? Or as a IBM member I don't need to worry about that?
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
You need to follow the Castle dress code. Your IBM membership card will get you in in lieu of a guest pass. There will be a $20 entry fee for you and each of your guests. The castle has a dress code and a no autograph, no picture code as well. Be sure and review those. Always make your reservations to attend the castle early. There is limited seating each evening, and the brunches on the weekends sell out very early. You need to call the castle to make your reservation, and will need a credit card to guarantee it. Except for the brunches on the weekend, no one under 21 is admitted to the castle, so be sure you and your friends meet that requirement. There is an except for the weekend brunches on the age requirement. Any further questions, don't be afraid to call the castle and ask they will be more than happy to answer any questions you have and explain any codes and rules. Hope you enjoy!
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
kbc1108
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of kbc1108
Quote:
On 2011-04-06 23:20, Father Photius wrote:
You need to follow the Castle dress code. Your IBM membership card will get you in in lieu of a guest pass. There will be a $20 entry fee for you and each of your guests. The castle has a dress code and a no autograph, no picture code as well. Be sure and review those. Always make your reservations to attend the castle early. There is limited seating each evening, and the brunches on the weekends sell out very early. You need to call the castle to make your reservation, and will need a credit card to guarantee it. Except for the brunches on the weekend, no one under 21 is admitted to the castle, so be sure you and your friends meet that requirement. There is an except for the weekend brunches on the age requirement. Any further questions, don't be afraid to call the castle and ask they will be more than happy to answer any questions you have and explain any codes and rules. Hope you enjoy!

I appreciate your fast and patient reply.Thank you very much!
dyrwolf
View Profile
New user
The timbers of Fennario
94 Posts

Profile of dyrwolf
Quote:
On 2011-04-06 23:20, Father Photius wrote:

I might have gotten someone on their bad day, but a couple years ago I called for information concerning accomodations for my disabled wife. The person I talked to was so rude and condenscending that I skipped the whole thing. Like who was I to be asking these questions. He could not be bothered. Saw Ricky Jay instead.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark — that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.