The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Looking out for our own :: Jon Gallagher - Tornado - Elmwood, IL (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
geemack
View Profile
Loyal user
Greg McNeil Peoria,Illinois
296 Posts

Profile of geemack
To everyone...

On Saturday evening, June 5, at about 8:00pm, a severe tornado made its way through central Illinois. The storm did some pretty major damage, particularly to the small town of Elmwood, about 15 miles west of Peoria. Unfortunately one of our long time Café members, Jon Gallagher, lives right smack in the middle of the area of worst damage. Fortunately he was at work in Peoria at the time of the storm. Unfortunately his apartment was totaled. And although he hasn't been allowed back in to see what might be recovered, it's certain he will suffer a pretty terrific loss from this, losses likely to include some autographed magic posters and his performing equipment. But more importantly his immediate concern will probably be to replace clothing and simple general personal living needs.

Take a look at these YouTube videos...

Elmwood Tornado

Elmwood Tornado

Elmwood Tornado

Jon lived in a second floor apartment directly above one of those businesses you see right there on Main Street in Elmwood. After you look at the video you'll see just how lucky he was to be away at the time the tornado hit. Wow. We are very thankful and relieved that Jon is okay, and of course that is the most important thing. He has temporary living arrangements, and he will be able to get back and forth to work.

But he obviously faces a difficult task in putting his life back in order and gathering some of the basic material items we all take for granted, toothbrush, underwear, coffee maker, etc. If anyone would like to send a $5 bill (or $10 or $20) to help get Jon started and make his recovery effort easier, I have a PayPal account which I'm offering to use as a collection point for donations. So if you'd like to help out, go to PayPal and click "Send Money". Put in my email address (gmcneil@yahoo.com) as the recipient. And in the subject line or note section make sure you put something to indicate the payment is for Jon Gallagher.

If you have any questions, please let me know. My contact information is below. And thanks for anything you can do to help out!

Greg McNeil
5809 N Lindenwood Dr #2601
Peoria, IL 61615

309-691-1513

gmcneil@yahoo.com
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I was wondering what happened to Jon. Sorry to hear of his misfortune. He used to be on staff here and all but vanished since he hasn't posted anything since 2006. I see his website is gone too. Keep us posted Greg.
Coram Deo
Signor Blitz
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Signor Blitz
He as well as the community of Elmwood will be in my prayers.