The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Sick by Ponta the Smith (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
tvellalott
View Profile
New user
melbourne, australia
54 Posts

Profile of tvellalott
Sick: by Ponta the Smith

I'm an amateur magician of about two years and I am reasonably new to coins. I can do a good classic palm, a change-over pass (thanks mb), a click pass, a coin roll and a variety of vanishs, palms and other sleights. I've probably been doing coins on and off for about three months and let me tell you: I cannot do one of the eleven routines on Sick. I'll start working on Winged Silver first, one of the harder routines in Bobos. It is probably the easiest sleight wise on offer here.

So bear that in mind, before you buy it! I certainly knew that when I did. I got it because I saw the trailer and thought "that's what I want my coin work to look like!"
I now know the kind of level I want to get to, something that definately helped me when I was first learning cards.

However, I do know magic DVDs and as far as clear, precise, good instruction goes, it doesn't get much better.

Ponta has put together an absolutely brilliant piece of magicial tutorage here!

All 11 routines are spectacular. Each one alone would be worth the price.
Each trick is exactly as you see it. Pure sleight. Ponta could do any of the routines live and impromptu.

In conclusion, if you are thinking that you will be able to do any of these routines without expert skills - THINK AGAIN. But for those who want to take their coin work to the next level, this is the DVD for you.

Value: 10/10
Difficulty: 7/10 - 10/10
Explanation clarity: 8.5/10
Amazingness: 11/10
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of asherfox
This dvd is just amazingly done.
the name of the DVD is very good.
Those routines are sick.
tvellalott
View Profile
New user
melbourne, australia
54 Posts

Profile of tvellalott
They are. The "vanish" you see at the end of the trailer, where both hands are shown completely empty at the same time, oh my god. The method blew me out as much as the trick! Smile
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
685 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers