The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Flavors from the past... :: What Do You Want On a Magic Website? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Robert The Magical Radway
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Robert The Magical Radway
Hey Everybody,

I was just wondering what people wanted in terms of design and function for a magic store's website? What components do you find important that a magic website should have?

Magically As Ever,

Robert
tony660
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of tony660
Catagories buy trick, a search engine for the site and easy to navigate.
Bapu
View Profile
Regular user
with a paltry
161 Posts

Profile of Bapu
Set up your back-end inventory database to indicate on the front-end whether a listed item is in stock. Don't make us wait a week or two, then have to inquire about our orders, only to learn the listed item was back-ordered. I really hate that.
Bapu practices law and conjuring in the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2544 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
What would I like from a magic website?

Well in the case of one's that don't supplement a 'bricks and mortar' shop, how about a message saying 'closed down'?

Or, God forbid I know this is pushing it, prices that are comparable to the fact that you aren't paying an actual shop rent and business tax? Smile
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Octarine Prince
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Octarine Prince
Well, I would like in addition to the categories, one that says "New Arrivals" or something to that effect.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2544 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2011-03-18 22:09, Octarine Prince wrote:
Well, I would like in addition to the categories, one that says "New Arrivals" or something to that effect.

Whaaaaaaaat???

Well I don't know what websites you check out mate but I think nearly every one I've ever seen has a 'New Arrivals' tab or link - taking you through the the latest raft of 'New Magic Effects' - many of which are just rip-offs or uncreative copies of effects that have been out there since the 1960's!
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.