The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: Zener Symbols Personality Test (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4716 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
At the penultimate Weerd Weekend, I saw a performer do an effect where he displayed the five Zener symbols and asked the entire audience to mentally select one.

He then went on to describe a person's personality based on the symbol they might have chosen, with a show of applause indicating how many people chose that particular symbol.

Of course, he saved the best for last, with the final symbol representing the funniest description, combined with the largest round of applause.

Does anyone know where I might find a complete write-up of this routine?

Thanks!
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
Was the last symbol... the STAR ?
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4716 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Yup!

I know psychologically the star is the one most likely to be chosen among the five Zener symbols. But I wonder if there were any other nuances to accomplishing this effect (aside from the usual psychological subtleties such as position and voice)?
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
Tell me if I'm wrong : you are looking for subtleties other than psychological to obtain good results in presenting the Zener symbols in a predeterminate order so you obtain a certain number of people for each sign ?
Best,
Fred D. oneself ! Smile
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
Philemon, check out the secret sessions.