The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo Elite :: Will Tenyo Elite step up to plate? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
847 Posts

Profile of oombob
I can site many examples with Tenyo where the concept behind a trick is astoundingly brilliant but sadly, the plastic execution of the mechanism to perform the trick becomes a limitation because of sound issues or stiffness in operation etc.

This is where Tenyo Elite could truly step in and fulfill it's promise. Offer not only a faithfully reproduced Tenyo product constructed with quality material, but also directly improve upon the method, execution and shortcomings of the original trick with thoughtfulness, care and craftmanship.

Only then will we have a true Tenyo "Elite".
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
847 Posts

Profile of oombob
In other words... I will just love it if Tenyo Elite offers something brilliant like "Mini-Morphosis" or "UltraSlice" and in doing so, actually improves the mechanism to eliminate any weaknesses of the original plastic version.

Man... I hope so!
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I totalle agree, I prefer Elite tricks with 'mechanisms', and the only tricks that have a mechanism (BC and SC) aren't released yet ... Smile Also SC is so widely available/copied that a lot of people already know how it works ... .
It may very well be that Moonspinner and Forune Sticks are made very well, for me as a non-professional magician (a hobbyist) they don't have 'extra value' compared to the original ones ... . Oombob, an Elite version of Mini Morphosis or UltraSlice (both with some kind of locking mechanism) would indeed be a good idea Smile
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
847 Posts

Profile of oombob
I hear you KT. With something like Fortune Sticks, only the appearance of the trick is being upgraded. If the product line starts featuring improved "Elite" mechanisms on some of the classics... I will definitely buy.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
I am also waiting for some better Elite effects to come out before making any purchases. I'm really hopeful for some more exciting releases next time around.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4011 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I heard about the Elite issues a while ago. Frankly, it seemed like a very odd undertaking. While it's true that many Tenyo effects are commercially viable, there are so many of them that choosing a handful seemed folly to me. I would be interested in seeing Diabolicus appear again in ANY form. But when I think about it, I can't really imagine any other Tenyo effect which would be of interest.

Don't misunderstand: I have a number of them. But there are only one or two that work for me in a performance.

Tenyo so often does "Puzzle" stuff.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Navy
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Navy
I have from many years ago Moonspinner. The original made of plastic. It took many people by surprise. 99.00 for the same version elite. My goodness the mark-up on these must be amazing. Better material and better packaging. They do have great ideas.