The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Spring-loaded Harbin style Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7674 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I have a Mikame table someplace that I will look at the springs and try to wind some. The length is not that important. You can put two or three springs in the same space as one large spring.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Lake Charles, LA
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
SDmagic in the sidewalk shuffle forum, posted plans for a suitcase table with homemade spring hinges. He took the springs from hair clips. Very resourceful and easier than winding your own springs. It's worth checking out.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=6
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I've made Harbin-style folding tables using regular hinges and elastic cords to make the legs spring open once the table has unfolded. You can see Qua-Fiki's home-made table at the start of his video of the "Mis-made Jack" in The Wizards' Journal #21. He doesn't use the table for anything in this routine - that comes later - but you can see how it flies open just from elastic cords - no spring hinges.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3529 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I took an inexpensive harbin type table and added elastic cords right under the table top that make it open. Works very well.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge