The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: Ring 37 - Nashville convention announcement (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
DaddyDoodle
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Hemisphere
277 Posts

Profile of DaddyDoodle
All,

It is with heavy heart I report on the current situation for the Nashville magic convention. We have made a lot of progress, with performers arranged and final arrangements with several options for venues in the final stages; however, nobody could have foreseen the catastrophe Nashville experienced two weeks ago.

As a result of the disaster, several locations, including the Opryland Hotel and Convention Center have unsure futures. This has created a situation where there is a shortage of space available for events in Music City to fill previously planned events. As a result of the shortage, the market for venues has seen a sharp increase in the pricing of available space – a simple matter of supply and demand.

So, with an extreme amount of gratitude to the sitting convention committee, we regret to inform you that the plans for a 2010 Nashville Magic Club-hosted convention have been cancelled. I know some of you have served on planning committees before and are aware, but this committee has spent a great deal of time and discussion in the planning of this event. If you have an opportunity, please offer them your thanks.

On a related note, I am pleased to announce that IBM Ring 37, The Nashville Magic Club, plans to host our first annual magic convention next year, in 2011. I have asked the existing committee to continue to serve and go ahead and begin planning for next year’s event right away. This should provide plenty of time and options for an unforgettable event.

Again, while Nashville has seen one of the worst non-hurricane-related natural disasters in US history, this city has proved that it is absolutely the heart of the Volunteer State and while the waters had not yet even receded and the national media had not even covered the event, Nashvillians were helping each other get through the worst of it. I am so proud to be a Tennessean and even more proud to be part of the Middle Tennessee community. Look for great things to come out of Nashville in the next year. Take care and God bless!

All the best!

Erik Sterling
President – Nashville Magic Club, IBM Ring 37
Smile Tally-ho! And Tuscarora too! Smile
DLarkins
View Profile
New user
Kingsport, TN
59 Posts

Profile of DLarkins
Erik,

Do you have any idea what dates the convention is slated for? I would like to stay informed about your progress, as some of your fellow Tennesseeans in Ring 355 may want to attend.

I wish you the best of luck in your efforts.
Loyal user
Northern Hemisphere
277 Posts

Profile of DaddyDoodle
Not just yet. We're still trying to pull together venue info. I imagine it will be late Q3 before we have the venue decided and can make an announcement on dates and location.
Smile Tally-ho! And Tuscarora too! Smile