The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Is it worth it, "Hand Wash Utility Technique" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
DATMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Shreveport, La
304 Posts

Profile of DATMagic
I have always loved you coin guys that do the wiping of the hands off handedly to show you are clean. I just found out about Mike Smith's dvd, "The Hand Wash Utility Technique." The best price I have found is $35.00 and I really wanted to know more about it before I just add it to my collection. Can anyone give me some advice on the value of the dvd or where I can find this same type of technique in a book? Thanks for everyone's help.

David
David A Trombetta

DAT does the Trick
DATdoestheTrick.com

Smile
email [email]DATMagic@aol.com[/email]
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2591 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
David Stone's one coin routine on his DVD is good looking on this, but you have to know it first...best to look on his coin technique DVDs and then the routine.
Lee Smith
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Lee Smith
I cant give you much advice as I don't do much of this sort of thing myself, but I have seen Mike do this in front of me and it looks great.
www.walkaboutmagic.com
www.facebook.com/walkaboutmagic
Effects.
STEP SYSTEM vol 1&2, iCandy, iPhone 10, strike 2.2 and lecture notes. All available on my site.
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
This sounds really interesting, does anyone have a review on this DVD?
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I haven't seen this, but I sort of side with Michael Vincent on this: Less is better. I've seen some pretty smooth hand washing techniques, but most of them just look like a coin is being slid around without being seen.
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
Even if a hand wash technique hides a coin, it always say to the audience every move is a move.
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
733 Posts

Profile of ftlum
Dave Neighbors does the best handwashing I've seen-- one swipe down, one up, a flick of the wrists, and you're done. More than that or holding the wrists, etc., tends to look bad IMHO. Less is better: I agree... I'm not sure I'd really want a DVD for this, since one should aim for simplicity.

- Frank
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3792 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I bought it awhile back now and thought it was quite good. It taught the moves and transfers well. I think once you have the technique down, yes less is best. I believe it was a useful purchase and I learnt from it. I now have my own way of doing it but this accelerated the process for me.