The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: THE MAGIC MENU - The International Journal for Close-Up Magicians :: Short delay for the Spring 2010 issue :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
Due to a family health emergency, we are off schedule for the Spring issue of The Magic Menu by about a week. The issue is approximately 75% completed and the plan is to have it to the printer by next week and in the mail shortly thereafter.

Sorry for the delay but sometimes real life has different plans than we do.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Standing by.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Hey Jim, how is life treating you? Just checking on the update for the MM.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
The new issue of the MM is now at the printer and the new cover can be seen here. We'll have these in the mail the moment they return from the printer, probably by the middle of next week.

In the last week of April, my wife, Sandy (who some of you know from her Seams Like Magic business), suffered a TIA (sometimes referred to as a "mini-stroke"), so that was at the root of the delay for the Spring issue. However, all is well, she's recovering nicely, and The Magic Menu continues.

Thanks for everyone's patience.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I hope Sandy continues in her recovery. She is a nice lady.
Get a little rest yourself.

Alec
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Glad to hear she's doing better, Jim! Your wife's health is exponentially more important than the magazine.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Thank you Jim. I'm glad to hear Sandy is doing better.

My copy arrived in the mail yesterday, and I am looking forward to reading it this weekend.

Tony
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I got my copy today.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
magichunter
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of magichunter
Received mine yesterday; and it is great as usual.

Jim, I am glad things are moving in the right direction for your wife. TIAs are pretty scary.

joe
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
Thanks, Joe. Much appreciated!