The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Gambling Spot :: About my videos... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Hi all.

I'm gonna remove all the videos currently available on my website. Public or private. If you want to backup'em, say you've got two days left.

http://www.arnoldmcdonald.org/en/code/index.php?p=6210000

All my Internet "zones" are gonna be closed too. Pretty soon. Myspace, Youtube, etc.

Thanks for all those who have watched this material, unfortunately mainly in bad quality. Videos have been viewed about 5,000 times the last year, far more than what expected! I hope you have enjoyed.

AMcD
ein_doppelganger
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of ein_doppelganger
Downloading now, thanks for the warning.
May we ask why you are closing up shop?
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Well, about the first point, let's say that from now on I play more "serious" games. Probably better is not to give to some people the opportunity to be aware of what I'm able to do with a deck of cards...

Second point is the fact that I've never been really awarded about all the videos I've shown, all the moves I've taught or exposed. Just to give you one example, I've never received an email saying "thanks mate for the videos" or something of the kind. Not a ****ing one! Soon 6,000 downloaded videos and not a thanks! Can you imagine that? Another example? Almost one thousand videos downloaded the last two days (I don't tell you about the bandwidth)... and you're the only one writing you appreciate!

Last point is the lack of experts and true enthusiasts. I mean, seldom you meet guys really passionated. They mainly want to watch moves, they want your sleights, they wanna know if you can share DVS with'em, etc. But TRUE experts? Bah! Rarely, it happens really rarely. If you had access to the private zone of my website, I can tell you you'd find Gb and Gb of (legit!) documents, sources, texts, vids, etc. I've shared with some selected guys. In return I got almost nothing. Again, rarely you meet experts. Not to mention countless battalions of "erdnase rules forever" or "Vernon knew all" addicts from whom you only get endless fights and void discussions... Trust me, Guys like Jason England or Mr. Z (just to name two guys I consider as experts even if I don't know them personally) are not really frequent!

OK, I've met some cool guys anyway through my website! and I don't really complain as no one has asked me to do what I did. But say I'm a little bit tired...

That's why I give up.

I'm gonna re-think my website and just a very few selected people will be invited. It's gonna be the same about the booklet I intend to release the next months: just for selected people!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy forums, websites like the MC, etc. But I now believe it's useless to involve yourself too much when you feel the feedback is gonna be almost blank Smile.

Cordially,
Maitre D
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of Maitre D
On a similar note, Ronald McDonald (coincidence?) is no longer including toys in his Happy Meals in Santa Clara County. The parallelism is uncanny.
Hansen
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
653 Posts

Profile of Hansen
Just as I was feeling all sad and sooky for poor Arnold and the lack of appreciation forthcoming, Maitre D made me burst out laughing. Thanks, Maitre D, that was classic...
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Maitre D, it's really a good one lol.
ein_doppelganger
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of ein_doppelganger
Well put Arnie,

"Pearls before swine" as they say. I completely understand your desire to pull back. Thanks again for sharing man!
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
How many here will admit to downloading, even in the last few days?

I for one might have gotten one of your vids awhile back, but I am not a fan of downloading things-as opposed to streaming. Thanks for putting it out there Arnold.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Kevin,

As I told you once, it was just to make things easier.

Downloading: save and watch as many times as you want. You don't need to connect to the link anymore. Just click on the file to watch it!

Streaming: Hard to save locally most of the time, you need a good connexion and you need to connect to the link each time you wanna watch the video.

But be assured my future members will have both choices, download+streaming Smile.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Arnold, I get it. PM'd you.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
jasons_mind
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of jasons_mind
I did download this past week because Arnold said he was removing the material. I viewed all the videos and enjoyed them. Thank You! Smile

Jason.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
What videos?? and where??
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
What videos?? and where??
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
In the Member zone, now. But you need to be a member lol.