The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Fantasma Linking Rings / Ninja Rings question (couldn't find it after searching!) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
crestfallenLyric
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of crestfallenLyric
Hey everyone,

I've tried searching for this specific topic but to no avail. Recently I was introduced to a linking rings set from Fantasma Magic, which was surprising even to me because I never though I'd ever try it out, but so far it has been a lot of fun, and the Shoot Ogawa DVD that came with it is very informative.

My question is this: obviously, I am eons away from getting down to Ninja Rings, but I was wondering if the linking rings that came with the Fantasma linking rings set could be applied to the Ninja Rings DVD?

Thanks!
"It is better for a man to honor his profession, than to be honored by it." - Robert-Houdin
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
What size are they? Does the set include the needed rings for the Ninja routine?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
crestfallenLyric
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of crestfallenLyric
Quote:
On 2010-04-25 15:10, Pete Biro wrote:
What size are they? Does the set include the needed rings for the Ninja routine?

I think they are four 4-4.5 inch rings, which from my reading is more or less the same size as Ninja rings. But because I've never been exposed to rings before this, I don't know if the rings that came with this set are the "standard" set-up, or the same setup as those needed in the Ninja ring routine.
"It is better for a man to honor his profession, than to be honored by it." - Robert-Houdin
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3098 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Nearly certain that these are a set of "ninja like" rings and can be used for the routine, 5 rings, one key, 2 singles and ....
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
You're wrong - there are only 4 rings sold with this set: key, 1 single and 2 linked. I don't think they are large enough to do some of the Ninja Ring moves and the quality is rather poor (made in China). The welds are very prominent and the key is very difficult to enlarge. So unless you have tny hands...I wouldnt recommend it. I bought the set just for Shoot Ogawa's cameo.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3098 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Thanks for the accurate post, I really wasn't sure. It's annoying the "Ninja" rings have disappeared
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I believe his was what Shoot learned from (actually both learned from one earlier source of Japanese teacher).
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
THE FANTASMA SET IS HORRIBLE. DO NOT BUY IT FROM ME. I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DISPLEASURE.

Professor, those are probably the nicest ones available at this time.

If you're REALLY interested in a nice set of cheapo rings PM me.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
10003 Posts

Profile of funsway
If found the Empire Rings from Daytona Magic quite adequate for Ninja Rings and a surprise at $11 or so (8 rings). With an extra set you can make a set of four linked rings for a final switch.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
The original Ninja rings are descontinued?
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2974 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On 2010-05-03 12:08, Frank Starsini wrote:
THE FANTASMA SET IS HORRIBLE. DO NOT BUY IT FROM ME. I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DISPLEASURE.

What about these, Frank? Would they be worth picking up?

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/details.cfm?id=40998

Thanks,

Laurie
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2974 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Here's a link to the Empire 4" rings, recommended over the Royal set.

http://www.daytonamagic.com/products/LIN......IRE.html

Laurie
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
Quote:
On 2010-05-03 12:08, Frank Starsini wrote:

If the rings are that horrible how is the DVD then?
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of Christopher Rinaldi
I remember awhile back somebody posted pics of Weld Joins from different makes of larger rings, this was really nice and it would be nice if we could see pics of weld joins for the smaller sets of rings.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2010-05-19 01:22, Hansel wrote:
The original Ninja rings are descontinued?

Yea. But if you want a set, ask Pete Biro. I believe he still has a gold set for sell.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3885 Posts

Profile of Julie
There's a gold set of Ninja Rings on the big auction site now...

Julie
gregkoren
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of gregkoren
Regarding professorwhut's question, I would NOT recommend the four-ring set sold at The Magic Warehouse for Shoot's routine. The rings are cheaply made and (at least with the set I bought) aren't even true circles. Fortunately, or not, they can easily be bent back into shape. I use them for a comedy routine, and for that they work well.
budja
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of budja
I bought the Fantasma Rings and I thought they were good enough to practice on. In fact, I think the 'key' (not the ring) is smaller than the Shoot rings which I think is an advantage. The DVD is great. Really a good beginner video to get started. The intermediate routine is quite good and will take some time to master. I wanted to get the Ninja Rings and I could have bought them but I thought it was too pricey for someone who knows nothing about the ring magic. So I decided on a cheaper set. It doesn't bother me that the welds can be seen. It can only be noticed if you look for them. For the price $30, I recommend them just to see if ring magic is appealing to you.