The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: Frediup TT's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
I just got my Frediup TT's in the mail and they are one slightly too long, and more importantly, a bit large on the band size. They appear to be slightly tapered so I think I could cut the bottom a bit to where they would not go past my knuckle. Though I am afraid to in case that didn't work and I would have been better off returning them. At that point it would be to late. So should I try that it if that doesn't work and I am beyond returning them, any fillers I could use to make it fit snugly? I need some advice, I don't want to exchange them for a smaller size unless I absolutely have to.
Jeremy Gates
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Put a band-aid or adhesive tape inside maybe?
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-04-22 15:39, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
Put a band-aid or adhesive tape inside maybe?

I was thinking to hard trying to come up with a putty but that would work just as well thanks.
Jeremy Gates
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
J.G.:

The thumb tip should be considerably longer than the thumb. You need to have some room in it for whatever you are vanishing or reproducing. If it is too big around, then send it back. Don't alter it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

It's not that bad but could be snugger. I had the impression of it being too long though because all of the others I have had were half the size. I guess this is longer because it is a professional one.
Jeremy Gates
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Actually, for most purposes, this particular kind of tip is completely unsuitable. I have sent you an e-mail that will tell you what you need to know.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Well I am stupid I was looking into policies on return and exchanges and you need the original packaging which I should have thought of but like a fool I threw it away after opening. So I guess I am keeping them. I am satisfied with them its just now thanks to Bill I realize they might not be right and a waste of money. Kind of killed my joy but I needed to know. You win some you lose some. Thanks guys and if anyone has anymore suggestions on fillers let me know.

Quote:
On 2010-02-25 10:56, jmdibrita wrote:
Hi All,

This is one of the first tricks I learned over 20 years ago. I was taking lessons from a local magician who taught me the silk to egg. Everything is done from my pockets. Gimmick egg, real egg and 2 silks.

I have performed this for kid and family shows and always get a great reaction. The first gasp comes when I pull the sticker off and the second comes when the egg gets cracked.

I have no idea where this version came from, but I have never needed a reason to look into another way of doing it. I perform it as I am going to teach the audience a trick. I explaining what I am doing and why? I make the switch right in my pocket.

When I first started to perform the trick I wanted the sticker to look real. I cut up some old silks and used double sided tape, they came out great and gave a 3D illusion to the sticker. Rubber cement helped out keeping it in place.

John

So in another wards the Viking version before the Viking version.

Quote:
On 2007-11-29 08:28, Walking Bob wrote:
How About A Hard Boiled Egg???

Just wondered if anyone has every tried the finish with a hard boiled egg? Break shell, peal egg, and break solid egg up into pieces. Would certainly solve the problem of a broken egg at the wrong time.

Just wonder what you guys think?

Thanks and have a nice day,

Walking Bob in Iowa

Genius it wouldn't break plus even the possibility of carfully cutting it in half not breaking the shell aside from a slight cut around it then take out the yellow center replacing it with a duplicate scarf, chosen card or coin stuff like that. Then glue it back together painting over the seam on the shell.

Posted: Apr 28, 2010 12:13am Reply with quote Send a Private Message View Profile of J.G. the magnificent Edit/Delete This Post Report this post to forum moderator View Posters IP (Moderators/Admins Only)
I found that when using a billiard ball for friends they confused it for an egg. Which I find rediculous because the size, shape, and shade are way different but That made me think. I then started carying both that and my Tirofog. If they commented on the ball confusing it for an egg I stated no this is an egg pulled out my Tirofog and got a laugh with them finding it odd that I carried an egg around. Much like I started doing with my sponge balls. If they confuse them with clown noses I pull one out put it on and go on with my routine and the clown nose make for attention gathering more people. I am tall so people see my head with a clown nose on.

Quote:
On 2010-04-23 19:17, Bill Palmer wrote:
Actually, for most purposes, this particular kind of tip is completely unsuitable. I have sent you an e-mail that will tell you what you need to know.

I am not sure as to why the one I have isn't right. Even if I get a good filler which I think I have found I will work on it tomorrow and practice I might understand then.
Jeremy Gates
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
You might try putting over the top of another one of your other TT's to make it look better, if you get my meaning.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-04-24 03:51, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
You might try putting over the top of another one of your other TT's to make it look better, if you get my meaning.

Like using the other as a filler cutting the part sicking out off leaving the rest inside and cutting the tip off leaving a rubber thumb tip ring inside the other?

Posted: Apr 24, 2010 11:12am
I went through several ideas like the fist using tape on the inside but it was flimsy and kept sticking to tip and to itself before I could position it. So I thought of using a bottled water cap with the bottom cut off but they were too large even the small generic ones and even if I could with the threads on the inside I would half to file then off and would just be a hastle. Though in that I figured If I could find a lid to something small enough like a tobaco sauce lid almost fitting I could wrap the tape around it to get my loop then line the tip. Since non of that worked though I also thought of the ring that goes on the tip of a garden hose nozel to keep it from leaking but realized I would half to shave plastic from the inside making it thinner. While I was doing that not even sure if the tip would work right after wards. It hit me air mattress patch that I saw getting a knife. It was slick and flexible with a bit of natural thickness just enough in face. Also being stiff making it easy to fit in without it bending around on me. Once inserted it fits perfect. I don't need to return it now and if I grow bigger thumbs over the years I take it out.
Quote:
On 2010-04-24 10:35, J.G. the magnificent wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-04-24 03:51, Scott F. Guinn wrote:

Like using the other as a filler cutting the part sicking out off leaving the rest inside and cutting the tip off leaving a rubber thumb tip ring inside the other?

It just hit me I was over thinking what you said you simply meant to use the knew tip as a jacket over the other. I would but its not that big besides I have the problem solved now.
Jeremy Gates
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

I now realize as many have stated fredi ups are in fact a waste of money. The paint has faded the red is far tainted now barly noticable and the whole thing is darker now. Along with sploches where the paint is coming off. I need vernets though I would like to try the reality thumb tips to. Perhaps they are better on the coloring. Aren't as realistic but not really needed anyway.
Jeremy Gates
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

I wonder if their is a non sheening shine coating for them that could prevent paint problems.
Jeremy Gates
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

http://garage-toys.com/supergripspray.html

Thinking of getting it for something else and though it does not say trying will tell if it would work or not.
Jeremy Gates
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Those look a little too real. Almost scary looking. I gotta get one.

Patrick
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

They are really only good for silks though. No good for bill switches and the professionals could tell you more. I wouldn't recoment them though after purchasing some. They lose color and plastic is the best. You don't need realistic ones. If you must buy one though when I got mine after using their mesurement system it proved to be a bit off. I should have gotten a bit smaller of a size I did the measurements were not that accurate. Read some other posts and you should know what I'm talking about. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=113 http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=157662&forum=109 http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
Jeremy Gates
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

I know the post is ancient now but in learning a bit about bowling balls I found out they have special stickers for bowling ball holes. You put them inside the wall of your ball holes and for either grip having a slicker hole for easy release. Wonder if these could be used?
Jeremy Gates
roguewave
View Profile
New user
IL
88 Posts

Profile of roguewave
The Vernet's look really nice actually. I love the idea of shaping it more precisely with hot and cold water.