The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A turn of the page :: What is my book worth? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On 2012-03-04 20:05, todsky wrote:
I've got a copy of The Annals of Conjuring by Sidney Clarke, the one published by Magico in 1983. In excellent condition. Anyone have an idea what it might be worth?

Somewhere in the area of about $100.00. Give or take $20.00.
Magic Rik
View Profile
Loyal user
Eastern Canada
296 Posts

Profile of Magic Rik
I have a few that I can't find a price for:

1 - Modern Magic - Practical Treatise on the Art of Conjuring, by Professor Hoffmann, fifth edition, London, George Routledge and Sons, 1886 - in old condition
2 - What's on your mind - Dunninger, The World Publishing Company - Forum Books edition - 1944
3 - The Greater Magic Library, Complete set - Volumes I - V, The Greater Magic Library Edition, hard cover

Thanks

I also have a box of what I would call pamphlet / paper backs, for instance, "Keith Clark's Celebrated Cigarettes" - edited by John Braun, Silk King Studios, 1943 - copyright Harold. R. Rice 24 pages.

Rik
Magic Rik

Life itself is magic - I just want to help a bit!

https://www.facebook.com/Magic.by.Rik
mblanckaert
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of mblanckaert
I have a copy of Dictionary Of Magitain by John McArdle.
I paid $25 for it years ago.
I read somewhere that even though it states that only 50 would be produced, that far fewer were actually made due to the intense labor putting it together.
mblanckaert
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of mblanckaert
I would like to purchase Thumb Tip Tricks by Donald Holmes.
Does anyone know what it is worth so that when I eventually find it, I'll know approximately what to pay.
amu7157
View Profile
New user
Cocoa, FL
1 Post

Profile of amu7157
I have a copy of Michael Ammar's "The Complete Cups and Balls Deluxe Collector's Edition," it is in new/mint condition with the custom slipcase and other elements of a deluxe edition in tact; however it is not signed or technically numbered as it should be. Inside, on the first page, there is a small note in pencil on the top of the page that says "1/20 unnumbered copies of Deluxe...OVERPRINTING." It is still a first edition and collector's edition but without some key elements. Does the rarity of this book increase it's value or does it's absence of signature and numbering decrease it's value? What would you say that this book is worth and what would you suggest as a fair selling price reflecting both it's value but also being realistic.

I am new to this forum. I have been trying to join for several months but was always unable because of the "blocked free email" thing. I am the soon to be daughter-in-law of late magician and pilot Randy Malcolm and I have acquired what is left of his magic collection; I have been attempting to sell some of these books/items in order to help pay for his son's and my wedding in Vegas this October. I knew nothing about magic before all of this and will admit I still know very little but I have learned a lot along this journey; both about magic collectibles and about the father-in-law I will never know. I have a lot of books and many coins that I have struggled to place a specific price on because there are SO many little differences in magic books and because the market has changed so greatly. I recently sold a signed first edition of "The Way Magic" by Juan Tamariz for somewhere around $75 had I been in possession of that book 2-3 years earlier the price would have been marginally different and likely around $300-$400 (that's at least what the hard and soft editions of Sonata sold for).

Regardless, sorry for the rant, I will be requesting your wisdom and guidance as much as possible if you all don't mind and if you can suggest an appropriate listing price for the overprint described above, I would sincerely appreciate it. Thank you in advance! Smile

Angie
camron
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of camron
I have "an evening with charlie miller", it was given to Arthur hastings from Jay Marshall.
Jay Marshall wrote a note saying that it was the 1st copy of the book.
It's signed by Marshall and there are signatures of Robert "bob" parish and Okito...

I also have the 1st edition hardcover of Our magic from 1911, from the library of Alan Shaxon.

I'm curious to know the value these two books

Justin
SamuelJonesMagic
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of SamuelJonesMagic
Camron wow! That is very cool!
The rarest thing I own is houdinis book "rope ties and escapes" from the early 1900s.
Matttr
View Profile
New user
averaging 2 posts per year, I'm now at:
9 Posts

Profile of Matttr
I have a London printing first edition copy of New Era Card Tricks (1897). It's not in great condition, but the book plate in the inside front cover states it's ex-libris from David Devant's personal library.
It is filled with notes and pencil marks in the margins.

I would never part with it but would love to know a rough ballpark figure as to how much it might be worth these days.
Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
Does anyone happen to know what 'The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings' goes for these days? JoyalStack has a range of $30-115, a pretty big range, and I suspect the lower price was before it went OOP and became harder to find.
Rjarvis
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Rjarvis
Good evening all, could someone please help me value my magic books to the best of their ability please? I am moving home and thinking of selling them. I would say all are in great condition. I live in the UK, if that helps value them.

The books are as follows:-

Darwin Ortiz - at the card table
Close up card magic - Harry lorayne
Michael Ammar - the magic of Michael Ammar
David Acer - natural selection
David Roth - Expert coin magic
Simon says - close up magic of Simon Lovell

I did try to add photos but cant upload them here.

Thank you in advance

Rob
pierre888
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of pierre888
Any idea on value of first editionof fine art of magic by kaplan?
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
In '80, Tad Ware listed it at $15.50

In '14, one listed on EBay for $100.00

On 5/1/16, someone listed it for $135.00

I have the Fleming edition (first edition, and, as far as I know, only edition) in MINT condition, and, it's available for sale.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7036 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2016, camron wrote:
I have "an evening with charlie miller", it was given to Arthur hastings from Jay Marshall.
Jay Marshall wrote a note saying that it was the 1st copy of the book.
It's signed by Marshall and there are signatures of Robert "bob" parish and Okito...

I also have the 1st edition hardcover of Our magic from 1911, from the library of Alan Shaxon.

I'm curious to know the value these two books

Justin

Wow. Incredible.
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1177 Posts

Profile of Montana76
More Inner Secrets of Card Magic - Lewis Ganson and Dai Vernon - First edition

The Ambitious Card Omnibus - Stephen Minch and Daryl - Great condition

Value of these two books and what is the best way to sell them? Need new skis for my kids and was hoping these would pitch in:)
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2017, pierre888 wrote:
Any idea on value of first editionof fine art of magic by kaplan?

For me, that book was almost priceless. I got part of my act from it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com