The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Good News! :: Slush Powder Ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
johncrosby
View Profile
New user
Oviedo, FL
67 Posts

Profile of johncrosby
All right, I have purchased some slush powder and am going to be working on putting together a small show (that I will be practicing on to get down) so I can do my first show for the middle school group at my church.

I am looking for any good ideas on using slush powder as an object lesson. I already was given an idea about doing a parting of the red sea, but I am not sure that will work with this age group. Any ideas and help is appreciated.

John Smile
Steven the Amusing
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco Bay Area
117 Posts

Profile of Steven the Amusing
Gideon's fleece? Pour water in a cup, invert onto a piece of fabric. Not sure how you handle the wet fleece and dry ground.

How about being a "channel" for God's blessing. "Some people pass what God gives them along to others (pour water in a styro cup, poke a hole in the bottom with a pencil and let it drain out into a basin) some people don't (pour water in slushified cup, poke hole in bottom). Use a Lotta flask or bowl to do the filling and you don't even need the slush powder *or* use it to talk about the filling of the Holy Spirit - how even when we seem to be "empty" God places living water back in our lives.

These are just off the top of my head. Smile
johncrosby
View Profile
New user
Oviedo, FL
67 Posts

Profile of johncrosby
Steven,

That is AWSOME, thanks for the idea.

John Smile
Witness4him
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Witness4him
Here's a thought. Slightly cloudy water used. Jesus is the potter we are the clay. What we bring to Jesus is simply our obedience, the material is not very substantial and without much form, but with God's capable hands The master potter can mold us, and shape us and he can make us into something quite solid.

Peter