The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Review: 357 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
http://www.magicbox.uk.com/shop.php/shop......278.html

The Effect:
A participant is invited to examine six cards, each one has the word 'Click' on one side and 'Bang' on the other. Six regular envelopes are examined and any card is placed into any envelope as the performer explains that each card represents a bullet and each envelope is the chamber of a gun. Turning away the performer instructs them to place one card showing the 'Bang' and the others showing a 'Click' into each envelope. All are mixed up as the performer turns back and attempts to divine which envelope contains the 'Bang' card.
Using suggestion, precognition and persuasion the performer puts money on the table and states that if he makes a mistake he'll lose the cash. Maybe not as life threatening as a live bullet but none the less painful in it's own way. Each envelope is eliminated one by one, more and more cash is placed on the table until just one remains. Despite the real test conditions you will succeed every time. No marks, peeks, impressions, forces, electronics, duel reality, equivoque or pateo.

=======================================

Wow! This thing delivers. It's honest in the advertisment, and it does what it says it does. Perhaps the most amazing thing is that the spectator himself chooses which of the cards to turn over and become the "Bang" card, and it could be any one of the six - this elimnates the possibility of using marked cards in any way, they also get to choose the envelope (which is nice) and although logically this makes no differance, as all the envelopes are clearly marked with a number from 1 to 6.

You receive 12 bits of card and 6 envelopes with the set, which I chose to spray paint jet black so that there was no possability of the words shining through. The bits of card are perfectly ordinary, everything is inspectable, theres no holes in the envelope and at no point in time does the envelope ever leave the audiences site - they can (and indeed have) burn you're hands all they like, but they won't spot what you're doing.

This thing looks SO clean that it could fool scientists. I tried this out today on my psychology lecturer with the whole class watching, and with £50 saying that I could find all 5 "click" cards, and leave only the one remaining BANG card. By the end of it, they had no choice to believe that I was doing what I said I was doing: reading body language and subconcious signals.
This routine is very "old style" mentalism in its working, and I'm suprised to say that I actually like that. There are no gimmicks involved, and everything sent with the DVD can easily be bought at you're local Walmart or W.H.Smiths.

I have a paranoid thing about being "clean" and dear lord this effect is clean. I could have someones head on my shoulder the whole time and they could never spot "the trick" even if it was on video.
The only downside of this effect is that it could possibly fail, but I've never had that happen and I doubt it ever will.

I would highly reccomend it... but then you might buy it Smile

Overall rating: 9.98/10
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
I absolutely agree with you, great principle....! Thanks for the beautiful review!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Russell
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Russell
Quote:
On 2010-03-23 19:37, Eshla wrote:

The only downside of this effect is that it could possibly fail, but I've never had that happen and I doubt it ever will.

I really like the sound of the effect, it sounds great but that does worry me a little could you clear up, without exposure, what you mean?

Could the spectator do something wrong like in powerball 60?
Could you easily make a mistake? or
Does the method just not always work?

Thanks,

Russell
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
Eshla what happened? How about a little clarification on your "...it could possibly fail..." comment.
SShawUK
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of SShawUK
To answer the questions asked before:

The spectator cannot do anything wrong. The worst they could do is try and trick you by not turning a "BANG" side face-up at all.
Unlike Eshla, I can't see how this could possibly fail you. Granted it took me a few dry runs to get a good understanding of the "signal", it has always been distinctly clear for me which was the selected envelope.
The method always works.
Sorry for the brief responses, but there's very little else for me to say on this. It truly is one of those effects that plays exactly (and I mean EXACTLY) as it is described.
A fantastic effect in my humble opinion
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

www.magicblog.org