The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: shirt (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3632 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
For walk around stuff (informal) like at work, at a friend's house, family reunion stuff (non-paying events!). I'm looking for a cool shirt, something that stands out, but doesn't look too flashy! Make sense?

Something like a nice button shirt with flames or some other cool design, that when you see it, you say "that's a perfect magician shirt".

Anybody have any ideas where to begin such a search? I haven't had any luck searching on the web!
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
Try "Hot Topic," a store in malls. Sometimes they have some excellent lounge shirts (sometimes they don't have jack).

The best most recent one I got was black but COVERED in cards, with red indicies. On each card is a black & white picture -- of 1940's pin-up girls! =)

I've also seen others with cards on them, or the suits, and fire. Martini glasses, and other swingin' jazz.

I wear this stuff all of the time. Smile

Otherwise for T-shirts, dig the post in the Food For Thought forum.

--Diavo Smile
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3632 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Yea, I have seen magicians on videos wearing shirts with cards on them, or a vest decorated with stuff like a magic wand, dice, etc.

I'm thinking most of that stuff must be custom made.
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
I have a great short sleeve black button up that has black raised spider webs all over it, sort of like embroidery. If you are into bizarre magic, it makes a great one, and it is not too "out there", just suggestive of bizarre weirdness.

It was on a rack with others that had flames, cards, dragons, etc., all rather like what you are describing. I have seen these in stores in the malls that specialize in "skater" or "garage" clothing, even in Zellers (not sure if you have those where you are, sort of like a Wal-Mart). Try to find a place that caters to a young crowd— shirts like this are very in style lately.

-Reg {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx