The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: THE MAGIC MENU - The International Journal for Close-Up Magicians :: An open letter to all subscribers of The Magic Menu... :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5697 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Good Evening Everyone...

The 2nd issue has been out now for a few weeks and I must say that I have enjoyed the read very much. I feel so honored to be affiliated with such a great publication, and all the contributor's who fill it's pages.

I wanted to take a moment and thank all of you for your kind words and support about my latest column. The rest of that article will appear in the following issue. You won't want to miss that...

So I have a question to pose to all of you wonderful folks. Is there a certain topic that you would like to see talked about? Would anyone like me to address anything in future issues? Questions, comments, rants, etc.?

If there is a topic you would like to see me write about, please let me know. I have a lot of stuff just rolling around in my head that I'm sure many of you would find of interest (or at the very least amusing), but I'd like to hear back from you.

I think that I can speak for all of us when I say THANK YOU for your support. I look forward to hearing back from you...

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21276 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea. How do you keep a goldfish alive for production in a restaurant, and what is your "out" when you produce him dead?

I think Marlo had some work on it in the New Tops, but wonder what your take is on it.

Thank you in advance for your help. I look forward to seeing it in your next writing.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1043 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
It very well might be a great lead-in at a table. "Did anyone lose a dead green fish?" "No?...how about a white one?"
dedikc
View Profile
Veteran user
France (Lyon)
340 Posts

Profile of dedikc
Second for the fish!!

A good article for me will be about how to convert restaurant customer to gig!

How to turn your restaurant gig into private show!? how to promote your work?

Because, I work in restaurant magic in order to find private show, the restaurant is like a shop-window for me. But ht accurate is not that big. My goal is to find a private show per restaurant magic night. I work for it.

Did you have some clue?
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Hi,

I really think this is the goal of almost every restaurant worker! The Magic Menu, over its grand history, has answered this question many times. Jim Sisti's great work outside of the Menu also addresses this question.

The DVD set, Live at the Jailhouse, addresses this question, too. I really believe that one must decide how to market oneself. Look at the restaurant--Family restaurants will generate family type shows. A high end location will generate a higher level of show. Of course, there is cross-over.

Do you have a business card? Do you let the guests know that you are available for private shows, hospitality work, or trade show work outside of the restaurant?

The Magic Menu is a great resource. Enjoy the search.

Respectfully,

Paul Green
dedikc
View Profile
Veteran user
France (Lyon)
340 Posts

Profile of dedikc
You are right paul, this is discuss in Live at the Jailhouse, really great dvd.

I quote some of the reaction that I have in private shows during tricks (read this wonderful ideas in one place!!) I have some good business cards, and I give them by a joke and not a " hey there a are my bussiness card!!" Lot of lines whith my card. It's a part of the show!!

In France, people don't know about close up magician. If they see you, they think it could be good idea but they don't thnik to pay one to private show!!

"Magic Menu, over its grand history, has answered this question many times."

Where? I have all of the magic menu!

I'll research!!

Thanks