The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Very small bubble machine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
Does anyone know of a very small bubble machine? Searches on google haven't brought up anything small enough (I need something about 4" square - or even less!)

Mark
BIGmagiclV
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of BIGmagiclV
I actually heard that there are some at Walmart but have not seen them myself.
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
Never heard one of that small. Not sure exactly how you intend to use it, but is there a way you could rig it so you can just blow, or, somehow use one of those bubble guns?

Good luck with your search Smile
Cliff G
View Profile
Loyal user
Madrid - Spain
297 Posts

Profile of Cliff G
Juan Mayoral sells some very nice compact bubble machines try contacting him at juanmayoral@juanmayoral.es

He speaks great English - but if you need any help with Spanish just let me know

Cliff
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
I saw some very small automatic bubble machines last years in a large toy shop. They were being sold as a toy, not as a stage accessory. I bought one for a child's Christmas present. Try the Toys R Us or Argos websites when Summer is a bit closer.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
854 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Be careful..... the one I got on line are very noisy

I saw some very quite bubble guns at a festival selling for maybe $9..... wish I had got one
John Breeds
View Profile
Veteran user
England
336 Posts

Profile of John Breeds
Quote:
On 2010-02-13 03:00, keeblem wrote:
Does anyone know of a very small bubble machine? Searches on google haven't brought up anything small enough (I need something about 4" square - or even less!)Mark

Mark

I can guess where you intend to use the bubble maker machine. If my guess is correct I know you'll be disappointed because machines of that size produce only very tiny bubbles... they're practically useless!

A better solution is to have a large bubble maker located in an upper position hidden inside of your magic box. Connect the output to a hole in its fascia. When bubble maker blows large bubbles it's virtually impossible for audience to identify source of bubbles, ie from your WWM or your magic box. [tip: add corn oil to detergent for many sustained large bubbles].

Switch the bubble maker on only at the beginning of the routine to coincide with child helper switcing on the WWM.

For those here who doesn't know what WWM means, I'll let Mark have the pleasure of telling you (that is, if my guess is correct) Smile ......otherwise, I'll look stupid, as usual.

John
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
John

Of course you've hit the nail on the head - thanks!

Mark
Cliff G
View Profile
Loyal user
Madrid - Spain
297 Posts

Profile of Cliff G
This might work Mark as a cheap alternative

http://www.zerotoys.com/Merchant2/mercha......ry_Code=

Just a thought...

Cliff
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of wally
Has anyone bought a small bubble machine from Juan mayoral. Ialso will be looking for a good bubble gun.
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
615 Posts

Profile of disneywld
I have one that is about 20 years old made by Marco Industries, Long Island City, NY. It is powered by 4 size D batteries and has a rather loud but powerful fan. The bubbler is a round disk which rotates in front of the fan and dips into the solution. It measures 5x6x6 and is made of metal. Because of this, it has been rusted for years. I prefer the Chauvet bubble machine. I have two of these inexpensive units.

The corn oil works great, but you need to be careful of the environment you are bubbling in. Also I have found with extensive use of the machine in one area it can become a slip hazard.
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.christophermanos.com
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
If I recall correctly, special effects sites have big sales right AFTER Halloween. I would be ready to Google fast and furiously, but on Monday.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of wally
Juan mayorals small bubble machine cost 450 Euros