The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: A sure fire prediction !.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
Here is a little joke I often use to break the ice at the beginning of a show :

"To begin I need to borrow something from........ you ! My first prediction is that you have what I need ! I need... a brain ! You have one !.. You have ? You are not sure ? Sorry for the joke it's just, you know, to break the ice, please come to me. A big round of applause for this gentleman please. Oh, by the way, you noticed that my first prediction was correct ! (smile, they begin to applause) No, thank you... You know why this man on the first row applauded ?Because he is impressed by the prediction ! After all, I could have ask to him....... (big laugh) Oh, sorry ! Just a bad joke".

That's all. I say these jokes with real complicity with the public and I always apologize. I'm not a sarcastic performer. I want only joking and the public like that. Because they understand I respect them.

Best,
Fred
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
I can read in the minds of these 51 people who read my sure-fire prediction above...
They thought : "is it what he call a sure-fire prediction ? Poor of him !".
You know, this joke is really effective !
Sure I have sure-fire real predictions but you understand that I can't explain them on this forum !
Best,
Fred
saglaser
View Profile
Loyal user
Champaign, IL
248 Posts

Profile of saglaser
I'm reminded of Tony Andruzzi's list of sure-fire cold reading lines. My favorite is, "You dislike driving in the dark -- especially nails."