The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Our new arrivals :: A small introduction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
A.Intrigue
View Profile
New user
Belgium
4 Posts

Profile of A.Intrigue
Hi everyone, I'm Axel.
So I got interested in magic in a very peculiar way. I was playing on the computer(I was 14 at the time) when my brother came in and said "Dude, you're wasting your time. Twenty years from now, you'll look back on all this and think to yourself 'Gee, I shouldn't have wasted all my time playing video games...If I would have invested that time in something else, it might have really worked out'." I waved him off, as I always do when he gives me advice, even though I always really consider it, secretly.

So I'm thinking about what he said, when I see this show on TV of this guy doing magic. And that's when it struck me: I could become a magician! And I really got into it. Now, 2 years later, I perform for friends (btw, performing is a nice time killer between classes) and I know a few tricks. I'm not interested in becoming a stage magician, but I would like to go up to someone in the street some day, and ask him/her "Sorry to bother, but...do you like magic?".

So close-up magic is definitely my thing. And preferably things where I don't need to prepare too much. I also don't mind taking a few hours to practice some trick, because I think the practice is what makes magicians different from guys who just bought a gimmick.

Sorry this post was so long Smile
Axel

PS: sorry for any mistakes I made, English isn't my native language. Cheers from Belgium!
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Welcome aboard Axel!

I hope you don't mind spending much more time than just a few hours of practice on tricks. Even the supposed "self working" kind, cause magic is about always practicing. Never stop practicing. Smile

See you on the forums.

Dan
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Welcome Axel
Although I'm English I'm not too far away from you as I live in Holland.

Enjoy your time here.

Regards
Steve