The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Our new arrivals :: Greetings from Cincinnati (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jimkohl
View Profile

Cincinnati
0 Posts

Profile of jimkohl
Hello all,
I've been into closeup magic since I was 10 and at 47 it continues to be a great hobby. I grew up going to Haines House of Cards in Norwood and then to Brewe Magic.
Bill Brewe used to host the Counts of Conjuring at his store and it was a great place to learn, meet other magicians and browse. Bill's store was amazing ... great book selection, big selection of apparatus and he had a great silk collection. Bill closed the store a few years back and sold off his inventory after his Mom passed away. Really sad, great fond memories of that place.
Anyways my favourite magicians growing up are Paul Harris, Dai Vernon and Slydini.
If any of you are in Cincinnati would love to catch up some time soon!
Best regards,
Jim Kohl
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
Hey Jim, Welcome to the Café. Don't hear of many from Cincinnati. How is Cincinnati? Never been...
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
jimkohl
View Profile

Cincinnati
0 Posts

Profile of jimkohl
Hi NexusMagicShop,
Cincinnati is a nice place to raise a family ...
but its cold and probably not as nice as CA ; )
jim
RyanSwigert
View Profile
New user
Cincinnati, Ohio
87 Posts

Profile of RyanSwigert
Hey Jim,

I'm a former President of IBM Ring 71 in Cincinnati and also was a member of the Counts of Conjuring back in the day. Next Friday - Feb. 26th, I will be presenting a magic lecture at Haines House of Cards. The lecture starts at 6:30pm.

It would be great if you could attend!

Talk to you soon,
Ryan
mrvanish
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of mrvanish
Born and raised in Cincinnati. Bought my first magic trick from Ron Haines with money I earned delivering newspapers. Now live in Hebron, KY.

Vince
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1795 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Welcome to thecafe.
Jim

Great to see you on here!

Theres so much great advice that's available already given in the search columns if you need to check for anything....
and many people here to help as well

Look forward to your posts!!!

Again Welcome!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Brent