The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: No Freakin' Way update 1.1 is now available (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
No Freakin' Way update 1.1 is now available in the App store.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/no-freaki......766?mt=8

Review From Magic New Zealand weekly e-newsletter
by Nick Lewin (Professional Magician, Las Vegas)
I want to alert you to the very best iPhone/iTouch App on the market. It is so sweet that I can’t imagine anyone wanting to be without it. It was developed by Carl Andrews and is called ‘No Freakin’ Way.’ It is the cleanest, easiest ‘any card’ app you will ever find.

Carl is the inventor of another of my favorite apps, his “Sixth Cents” and “Coin Scan” are also favorites of mine. Hey for 7 bucks you can buy them all. What a deal!

Do yourself a favor though if you own an iPhone/iTouch (and in my humble opinion anyone who doesn’t is nuts!) spend that $2:99 on Carl’s ‘No Freakin’ Way’ and you have an amazing trick, a perfect out and the hippest bit of digital magic in the App Store!
---------------------------------------
Review From Slapapp.com
New to the iPhone card trick market is an app that’ll leave people saying No Freakin’ Way! No Freakin’ Way cleverly disguises itself in plain view of your audience, so the onlooker is mystified as to what’s really going on in front of them. As far as they know you’ve told them that you’ve got an iPhone app called No Freakin’ Way that’ll pull whatever card they choose just by reading their body’s energy. If they choose the 4 of clubs and then press their thumb on the screen, the app vibrates, puts on a show, flips through the deck of cards, and shows the 4 of clubs. It’s only natural that people’s first reaction is to say NO FREAKIN’ WAY!
The app works well, and definitely confuses even the most observant onlooker.
No Freakin’ Way is worth checking out.
Review From CrazyMikeApps.com
Deceive and surprise your friends and family with the elusive No Freakin’ Way iPhone/iPod application. First before beginning your trickery however, read up on the instructions how to execute correctly. The basic premise of this application is to prove that your device can guess what card the individual picked. What differentiates this application from the others because the entire trick is done in plain view. The victim can choose to say it out loud, write it down on a piece of paper or pick a card directly from a real deck to determine what card the device has to guess. Now, at this point, this is where you must have become efficient at performing the trick. After performing the certain strokes, hand the device to the individual and ask them to open the No Freakin’ Way application. It will then ask the person to press and hold one of their fingertips for 5 seconds on the pad while the device “reads” and “sleuths” through the mind. And magically and superstitiously guess the card you picked! And out of surprise and excitement, the victim will shout “NO FREAKIN’ WAY” (or any other variation). If you enjoy playing tricks on friends and are proficient at it, this application is most definitely for you! And now that I’ve reviewed this, I can tell you the developer of this application has not deceived you to the performance and execution of this application; it’s $2.99 in the iTunes store and it performs to par of what it’s advertised!

Key Features:
• Prove/deceive your friends into to thinking that your device can guess the card the victim picked
• Navigate back to the home screen (inside the application) so that the victim never knows it’s really a trick!
• Works and performs as advertised; ultimately it stealthily incorporates a sense of validity into the victim allowing you the user to easily deceive and trick the victim into the belief that your device is capable of mind reading!
Reviews from iTunes:
As a professional magician, and a iPhone freak, this application is the cleanest and best I have come across.
It is very subtle and works rings around some similar Apps. I can highly recommend it and will be using it A
LOT!

One word...SUPERLATIVE! This will shock, fool and flabergast anyone! They will DEFINITLY say "No Freakin' Way! Good job Carl and keep these apps a comin'!!

I don't have a magical bone in my body, but I people think I'm brilliant after I show them this trick. Every time I do this trick for people, they always say "No Freakin' Way". Women also throw themselves all over me after I show them this. Well, not really, but they do find it rather amusing!

Great job on this app! Love it. Thanks!

I have been working it a lot and the added special effects do indeed make things more exciting for the spectator. I get slightly stronger reactions to than CK's Rising. I like it.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1907 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Where to see a demo?
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews